I'm ready!

November 1st - Just a few days away and I think I am ready. I sell Stamp Albums on CD that I have produced myself.

1 - Free Postage - Just added the average cost over last few months to Selling Price

2 - Photos - Now have 12 photos for each item. Previously, had photos that included folder that I didn't supply.

3 - Item Specifics - Made a note that stamp images not shown in albums.

4 - Description - Re-worded to remove previously included ambiguity. Includes 180 day money back guarantee if security seal not broken

5 - Duration - Changed to 3 days to show higher on just listed or ending now searches. Automatic renewals make this effectively 9 days.

6 - Handling time - Increased to 5 days to extend time before INR case can be opened.

7 - Links to other items - See listings

8 - Product Testing - I check, and print a sample page for each CD I sell.

9 - Security Seal - Each CD is in paper sleeve with a security seal. As sleeve will be damaged on opening (voiding my 180 day money back return) I enclose a spare paper sleeve.

10 - Copy of Description - Enclosed with each item so the customer can finally read it.

11 - Contact - My name, address, phone and email address are also enclosed. I prefer direct contact after sale rather than through EBay. This should reduce defects.

12 - Mailing - Items are, as always mailed within 24 hours of payment. Large envelope, no tracking as it costs too much. Separate email sent to buyer as well as EBay generated message.

13 - Feedback - Left as soon as item sold, yes, even before payment received. This should encourage positive feedback and 5 stars.

14 - All items also on another site.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm ready!

You have been busy. Good Luck 🙂

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

Hey, I dont like your No.13 policy, BEWARE, leaving feedback straight away, If you sell good quality, you dont need to worry about bad feedback, waiting til they post FB will usually tell you how good your items are by how quick they post, and if you have already left FB and someone tries to pull a ITEM NOT RECIEVED, all you have done is boost their feedback.

CHICKEN LITTLE SAID THE SKY WOULD FALL IN BUT I DONT BELIEVE HIM.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

Yep. Why would you leave feedback before they pay ????

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated. I have been selling these for three years and so far have had excellent feedback as you can see. As the value of sellers feedback has been significantly eroded for some time (only positive feedback allowed) I consider that its only value now is to encourage the buyer to leave feedback.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

IMO there would be no benefit in leaving  before the buyer has paid.  What happens then, if the buyer doesn't pay?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

But what happens when you have to take out an unpaid claim on them??  Im sure EBAY wont bother removing the feedback you have already left for the BUYER.  I don't think you will be able to persue getting it removed as It's not your account, and EBAY dont mess with BUYERS,         Leaving FB to fast can leave PANDORA'S BOX TO BE OPENED.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

Some good points. Have you thought about encrypting the info on the CD? like a registration key or something with a time limit...

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

Yes, I have given some thought to that but don't want to do it as it costs too much. As my main goal is to have a cheap album for myself and sell copies to buy stamps rather than make a lot of money a small amount of "illegal copying" doesn't really matter.

Might have to look into this again.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

I have a huge problem with #13....what if it's bought by a NPB....what room do you have to move?
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply