I'm ready!

November 1st - Just a few days away and I think I am ready. I sell Stamp Albums on CD that I have produced myself.

1 - Free Postage - Just added the average cost over last few months to Selling Price

2 - Photos - Now have 12 photos for each item. Previously, had photos that included folder that I didn't supply.

3 - Item Specifics - Made a note that stamp images not shown in albums.

4 - Description - Re-worded to remove previously included ambiguity. Includes 180 day money back guarantee if security seal not broken

5 - Duration - Changed to 3 days to show higher on just listed or ending now searches. Automatic renewals make this effectively 9 days.

6 - Handling time - Increased to 5 days to extend time before INR case can be opened.

7 - Links to other items - See listings

8 - Product Testing - I check, and print a sample page for each CD I sell.

9 - Security Seal - Each CD is in paper sleeve with a security seal. As sleeve will be damaged on opening (voiding my 180 day money back return) I enclose a spare paper sleeve.

10 - Copy of Description - Enclosed with each item so the customer can finally read it.

11 - Contact - My name, address, phone and email address are also enclosed. I prefer direct contact after sale rather than through EBay. This should reduce defects.

12 - Mailing - Items are, as always mailed within 24 hours of payment. Large envelope, no tracking as it costs too much. Separate email sent to buyer as well as EBay generated message.

13 - Feedback - Left as soon as item sold, yes, even before payment received. This should encourage positive feedback and 5 stars.

14 - All items also on another site.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm ready!

@stampingpaws wrote:

13 - Feedback - Left as soon as item sold, yes, even before payment received. This should encourage positive feedback and 5 stars.

Jumping on the o_O bandwagon.... (not to detract from your obviously thought-out business-y stuff).

As a seller, like everyone else I can only think about the "but what if...." type things.

As a buyer, if I received feedback from a seller before I'd paid for something, it'd honestly make me feel a bit strange and awkward, for a variety of little reasons - maybe it's just me, but it'd seem a bit too keen.... (That's assuming I'd even notice, anyway - these days you'd most likely receive notice of both the item selling and the payment at the same time, since more often than not I use the cart to buy/pay). 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

I'm ready!

I have received feedback from buyers BEFORE I sent their item .... and I can never fathom that.

I don't think I'd take the risk (as a seller) of giving feedback before payment received ... I don't' think it would change my mind, if I was unhappy with an item I received .. I find reasonable buyers always contact first and then you can negotiate.     Just saying ....... 🙂

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply