I'm stumped....need some advise

Hey everyone, I recently sent an item to a customer. Received an ebay message yesterday, "Where is my item". I have tracking, so I tracked it and it was delivered by fastways on 17th April and signed for by the customer (her name), then directly underneath her signature, was another one, 3 minutes later by "Jessica". So I messaged her back and said Jessica signed for it on 17th at 3.23pm (can't remember exact time).
She has now messaged through ebay saying that she doesn't know a Jessica and the goods haven't arrived. So my questions are, what do I respond to her and secondly, why would there be 2 separate signatures on the POD.
thanks
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I'm stumped....need some advise

You will need to ring the courier company and ask. One signature could be the courier themselves. Just tell your customer you will ring the company and see if you can find out anything.
If your customer opens up an item not received dispute they will not win as you have tracking showing it was signed.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would message the cusomer again and ask for some time to investigate.

Then contact Fastways and demand some answers.

I am not sure how you think anyone here can help you....only the couriers can tell you why they have 2 signatures.

Why didn't you tell the customer that she supposedly signed for it?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I was thinking that you might know why 2 signatures were there. I'll call the courier company. Thanks
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe, just maybe she deliberately signed a different name, JESSICA, in an attempt to back up her claim that she never received it? Some people will go to extreme lengths in order to get something for nothing. It's unfortunate, but dishonesty is rife. But like the other answer said, you are protected because you have a tracking number, so at the end of the day it is in the buyers hands to find their purchase, if in fact it has gone missing.....which would be highly unlikely.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Just today I finally received a replacement parcel via Fastway courier from a rather large ebay seller. The fact that they are one of Fastway's biggest customers gave them some clout in investigating this matter. (see my positive F/B left today for the seller)

The first huge box carrying a kitchen sink was misdelivered by Fastway. The consignment delivery note had someone else's childish (female, Silvana in capitals) signature & hasn't been found after more than a week since misdelivered.

Fastway were found to be at at fault, after initially denying all responsibility to both me & the seller.  

To help clear the matter up; The driver came here from Fastway at the sender's request & agreed that this wasn't the place where the original parcel went to. Sadly the driver had such poor English skills he couldn't read nor pronounce my very simple Aussie name. He was totally clueless!

Maybe the OP had a misdelivery (the Jessica signature) but the driver realised his mistake & retrieved the parcel? I'd be very suspicious if the parcel went to my area here in Vic - It seems to be a "black hole" for Fastway couriers. 

For the OP - My Fastway area covers Mill Park, Epping, Lalor, Thomastown, Bundoora, South Morang, Mernda, & nearby outer northern Melb suburbs. If your parcel went into this zone, then you have entered the Fastway "Twilight Zone".  PS print out the signatures via the Fastway site for your reference OP!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

As you said, both "signatures" we're just written names and they were only minutes apart. Just seemed strange that there were 2. Contacted the customer and explained, she was quite happy to wait until I investigate. But waiting for the courier to do something could take a while, so I might just re supply her and take it up with fastways at my own pace.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Good Luck & keep on to Fastway or they'll deny any problems! I hope my experience as a buyer has helped you! I've cancelled my Fastway seller account over this issue. Anyone want some cheap prepaid Fastway 5kg satchels? LOL!  

EDIT - Just a thought; My parcel said it was a sink - maybe the driver or a friend needed one? Look out for a cheap SS sink on ebay soon!? Somewhere in my area is another sink that was misdelivered!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply