I made all my listings good till cancelled, have I made a mistake?

From what I have read, it would seem that Good till cancelled is not as simple as it seems.

I have gathered that when they roll over, they come off your allocated free listings. If this is the case, I am going to be up for a large bill when they start rolling over.

I just thought I would confirm this, if it's true, then I better cancel them all and make them 30 day listings with 3 x free relists.

I appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: I made all my listings good till cancelled, have I made a mistake?

100 Good till cancelled

40 Free listings

=

60 Items with an insertion fee.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I was just rounding up to the nearest 100

And, you only pay the insertion fee once, so do not end the item if you already have it listed and paid for it if it is above the free listings. I think that is right.

Someone may correct me.

Message 11 of 49
Latest reply

But OP doesn't want to pay for insertion fees which is the point of the thread

Message 12 of 49
Latest reply

@erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers wrote:

100 Good till cancelled

40 Free listings

=

60 Items with an insertion fee.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I was just rounding up to the nearest 100

And, you only pay the insertion fee once, so do not end the item if you already have it listed and paid for it if it is above the free listings. I think that is right.

Someone may correct me.

That is totally incorrect.  Read twyngwyn's post further up, also read the site information on selling fees. 

From http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/selling-fees/insertion :

"Good 'Til Cancelled listings renew automatically every 30 days unless all of the items sell, you end the listing, or a listing violates an eBay policy. Insertion fees are charged every 30 day period." 

The only time they're not charged is if you have enough free listings left to cover them when they renew.  Good till cancelled does NOT mean you pay to list something and it lists forever for free - it just means you don't have to do any work to renew the listing.

Message 13 of 49
Latest reply

Yes it is free if it is within the free listings every cycle.
Message 14 of 49
Latest reply

Please.

You are obviously having difficulty understanding how eBay works, given your numerous threads asking for help on simple parts of selling (including this issue (which you obviously still don't understand), so it might be wise to only post information that you KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE is correct. Not conjecture, not your interpretation, not what you would like to be the truth...

As the standard free allocation for a non-store member is 40, rounding to anything other than 40, especially a higher number, is misinformation.

Message 15 of 49
Latest reply

Yes it is free if it is within the free listings every cycle.

I give up. Where did you get that from? Clearly you have no idea, so stop feeding people the wrong information or you could end up costing them a fortune. Why would the OP want to pay an extra $90 a month? Because you said so? Pffft.

Message 16 of 49
Latest reply

Click on my ebay on the top right.

It is all there.

Message 17 of 49
Latest reply

Click on my ebay on the top right.

It is all there.

Why would I want to go to my watch list or purchase history (which I don't use on this account)? Please tell me how clicking on My eBay is going to prevent GTC listings from being charged each month when they roll over. I'm intrigued......

Message 18 of 49
Latest reply

That is YOUR eBay.

It doesn't have anything to do with selling limits, free listings or, more importantly, ANY OTHER member's eBay.

And it is obviously NOT all there, otherwise you wouldn't have started 20+ threads asking for information you haven't bothered to read.

Message 19 of 49
Latest reply

hope you can help me too.

when I listed an item a little while ago i was surprised to find "good til cancelled" and thought great, so i used that. Now after reading these posts i have altered it back to 10days. The 30 days was also there, but is there some bad things happening with that? I have read that non-store holders can only have up to 10 days.

Message 20 of 49
Latest reply