I need some advice!

I posted a glass bowl to QLD, which arrived on the 11th of May.  I received an email today 3/6/2021, with a photograph that it was damaged.

That is two weeks after it had arrived. I had a look at the buyer, and they are actually based in the USA.

So, I think I have posted to QLD, and then the receiver has  then posted this item to the USA.  The buyer has not confirmed this, but I posted with Aus post and it was fully insured.

I have asked them to take the package to Aus post, with the item so I can get it processed for a refund.

What do you think I should do, or ideas of how to go about this?

They have just bought another item from me yesterday, and I have a feeling this will also eventually be going to the USA!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I need some advice!

I have asked them to take the package to Aus post, with the item so I can get it processed for a refund.

Any response to this yet?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I am not sure because I am not a seller, but I think that if the address they indicated is in QLD you are only responsible until the item arrives IN QLD, not in the USA 3 weeks later. The item could have been damaged between QLD and the USA.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have had no response.

The address I sent the item to in QLD looks like a mail redirecting/drop shipping.

I don't post overseas, so they must get sellers to send to this address, and then their mail is redirected.

The photo of the box they sent me has an extra sticker on it of a QR code. This must be their redirection. This means they don't use Aus post, and another company for transport!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Can you scan the QR code?

Also, put them on your Blocked Bidder List until the address/postage thing is all sorted.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I would avoid selling to this buyer, as it is too easy for them to claim damages.

You can cancel the transaction with the reason "Problem with buyers address", so you do not incur a defect.

If/when they contact you, you can lay out your reasons if you like.

I would also add them to your blocked list, although I don't think it stops them communicating with you as you have a current open transaction.

Have they actually opened a case, or just sent you a picture?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Funky - I'm thinking your ' contract ' with the buyer ended in QLD.

You have proof of postage - you have proof the item was delivered.

The buyer in the US has ' contracted ' someone else to forward the item to the US - from QLD.

This is the information I'd be giving eBay.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply