I quite like the new ebay selling format BUT why cant i use my own templates?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I quite like the new ebay selling format BUT why cant i use my own templates?

I still use my own template, though I couldn't create and save it on eBay as they have a really low character limit (about 4000 characters? or something like that, while my templete uses about four times that in code). Which just means I have to still create listings from the template elswhere, then copy/paste when using the listing form. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: I quite like the new ebay selling format BUT why cant i use my own templates?

Thanks I suppose that is one way around it, but it was so much easier in ebay as i sell different items and i had a template for each catagory i sold  in. I now go to an existing listing and click on  "sell similar" , that is seeming to work ok for now. I just dont understand why ebay would change the way we list without being able to use our already created templates.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Perhaps it's part of their recent clean up in asking sellers to stop using lots of images and active content, to make the website more mobile-friendly, due to the growing number of mobile users.  This is done by having more basic descriptions and thus less data being downloded by a user.

Google is also penalising websites in search rankings which don't load fast.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@transport-posters wrote:

Perhaps it's part of their recent clean up in asking sellers to stop using lots of images and active content, to make the website more mobile-friendly, due to the growing number of mobile users.  This is done by having more basic descriptions and thus less data being downloded by a user.

Google is also penalising websites in search rankings which don't load fast.

The eBay is in deep doo because it is in the slowest 40% worldwide ie 60% of sites load pages faster.

That's got a lot more to do with server/cluster speeds and inneficient database design/queries than data in individual listings.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply