I think a buyer is going to go for the jugular.

I recently listed a multiple listing with several colours available for an item.

What happened was, I forgot to remove an item of a certain colour I no longer had by a few hours. The item was purchased and paid for.

I immediately emailed the buyer to let them know of the mishap, apologised and offered a (what I thought was) a very good solution for them. 

I offered to post 3 other colours of that item and refund them on top of that the full amount and postage via paypal, which I did. I eventually received an email asking if it was the same and I explained that it was bar the colour ordered and I have refunded the full amount + postage. No response, no thank you. 

I think this one is going for the jugular and I am going to receive negative feedback for sure. Just for an item that I have reduced down to a measly few dollars and have paid for postage and sent triple the amount for nothing. 

I am a single mother trying to keep it together this year for Christmas. Sometimes, it sux being a seller because of the feedback system.

I am not going to sell on ebay anymore. Despite what they explain about their feedback system it is still unfair.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can understand the anxiety when things don't quite go according to plan, but to be honest I'm not seeing anything that would indicate the buyer is upset enough about the situation to leave a neg?

It sounds to me as though you went above and beyond to try and resolve the issue, so unless the buyer contacts with an issue or to make a further complint, I suggest you take a moment to relax and deal with what happens if/when it happens... I certainly don't think it's worth planning to leave eBay all together over something that is by no means a fait accompli. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If the prospect of one little red dot on your computer screen means you are quitting ebay then perhaps it is not the place for you. It is perfectly obvious by the number of buyers who come to the board to complain about a seller when said seller has dozens of negs that there are more than enough buyers who ignore red dots to keep us all going so your little blip would be a drop in the ocean.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

A billion people using eBay and you`re jumping ship because of one buyer, who hasn`t actually left Neg Feedback yet. Their only crime so far is they didn`t say thank you, which is more bad manners than a crime.

I`m afraid I have to agree with Phorum Junkie on this one, maybe eBay isn`t the place for you if that is enough to make you want to leave.

Personally, I`d suggest you sit back, and wait and see if they leave Neg Feedback first. My guess is, they probably won`t be bothered to leave any feedback if they can`t be bothered to say thank you.

Or possibly they haven`t been on their computer since you sent them the message ?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply