I thought it was against Ebay Rules to leave positive feedback with a negative comment

I sold an item which was pick up only.  Buyer had limited feedback (4) but all was OK.  Buyer did not pay or respond to emails and I have opened a non-payers dispute and will put on my blocked buyers list and not leave any feedback.  But have noticed sellers leaving positive feedback with a negative comment. I thought that this was against ebay policy.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: I thought it was against Ebay Rules to leave positive feedback with a negative comment

Yes it is -  don't do it - Ebay can remove your comment, & as long as you did a dispute and your fees were refunded - the buyer can not leave feedback for you none paying buyer - just add them to your block list 

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re: I thought it was against Ebay Rules to leave positive feedback with a negative comment

Not to mention the fact the another 'green dot' will add to their feedback score - even with a negative comment.

And when the comment is removed by eBay - the positive dot will remain.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Leave them this feedback ... definitely a postive statement, but other sellers will understand what you are saying

You are allowed to leave the buyer ID in feedback

"Thank You (buyer’s ID) You are on my Special Buyer List"

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

sellers dont check buyers fb until they have a problem by which tim eits too late. Giving an unpaid item strike means sellers who have their filters set up properly will be protected. that is enough.

A green dot is a green dot, any comment attached is overlooked especially once its off the first page.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

BY EBAY NOT ALLOWING SELLERS TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BAD BUYERS THEY HAVE LEFT US NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE POSITIVE WITH A NEGATIVE COMMENT. I ALWAYS OPEN A DISPUTE FOR NON PAYERS THEN LEAVE THE FEEDBACK RIGHT BEFORE I CLOSE THE CASE. I DO CHECK THE FEEDBACK OF PEOPLE WHO ARE BIDDING ON MY ITEMS AND HAVE IN THE PAST CANCELLED BIDS ON PEOPLE WHO HAVE THESE "NEGATIVE" COMMENTS IN THEIR FEEDBACK. AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS MY ITEM THAT I AM SELLING AND I HAVE PAID THE LISTING FEE. IF I CHOOSE TO NOT DEAL WITH SOMEONE THAT IS A SERIAL OFFENDER OF NOT PAYING THAT IS MY CHOICE. MY MOTTO IS NIP IT IN THE BUD BEFORE IT IS AN PROBLEM. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

dont know how you go with a UID for a pick up only item. the buyer is quite within their right to walk away from such a deal and not pay if they are not happy with the item. the buyer could protest to ebay that they did look at item but were not happy so they walked away from the deal.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

I think its really silly that we cant leave a negative feedback for non payers etc. Sadly that option is gone. However if i get a non payer, i will leave a neg comment regardless if its in green or not. I read all feedback now, as having 100% feedback really means nothing to me. Its whats written is what counts.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

so mygifts, you are quite prepared to break ebays rules regardless of  what the buyer has done. says a lot about some sellers here on ebay.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Just because it is a rule, sure we should abide by it, but it doesn't make it right.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply