I want to contact a buyer who bought from me more than 60 days ago to highlight my new listings

See heading

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I want to contact a buyer who bought from me more than 60 days ago to highlight my new listings

are they also a seller? If so, you can ask them a question via one of their items.
You could also check the original Paypal payment for their details
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you know their eBay ID then select advanced next to the search button and in the left margin select find items by bidder.

That should bring up their ID even if they are not bidding or selling.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

be very careful.

eBay monitor messages between members.  Any hint that a message could be construed as an attempt to communicate with the intention of selling off-eBay then both you and the buyer might find yourselves officially warned by eBay.

The simple act of letting a member know that you have items for sale might be enough for paranoid eBay to fire off a โ€˜first warningโ€™ message to you.  Get a second warning and your account will be restricted for 7 days, a third warning becomes an indefinite suspension.

I know my post here sounds like an over-reach, but members have come to these boards about these warnings, restrictions and suspensions following member-to-member communications.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I quite agree with you, it would not surprise me at all if the eBay 'bots' saw such action as an attempt to sell off eBay

(and their reasoning is likely to be if a buyer was that 'interested' they would be doing their own searching for items they wanted and have the seller(s) in question in the saved/favourite sellers list)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Be very careful - there is a time and a place for everything. I have a seller who spams my messages with similar listings to a generic item I have purchased from him a few times. IT ANNOYS THE CARP OUT OF ME, to the point where I threatened to leave neg feedback if he continued. He stopped.............until I purchased another item from him. The spam started up again. So now I just dont purchase anything from him.

Having said that I have a few regular buyers of very rare collectables. If I find something extra juicy that should suit them, I do give them the heads up to the new listing. Often they purchase straight away and appreciate the message.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply