I would like to know,why as a seller I can only tick the positive box .

tcee55
Community Member

When I leave feedback I would like to know why as a seller I can only tick the positive box, even if the transaction was not positive. yet a buyer has the opition of either ticking the positive, negative or neutral box.???

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I would like to know,why as a seller I can only tick the positive box .

Easy.

Because, for at least five years, eBay don't allow sellers to leave anything other than positives for sellers.

If you have issues with buyers there are avenues.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

according to ebay ,buyers are ALWAYS right and are classed as little angels..yer sure they are.Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Non-payers have NEVER been so rife as they are now. Something MUST be done about it. Those who talk about the changes made to feedback five years ago are behind the times as the wheel has turned. NPB's are a VERY real problem which eBay prefers to ignore unfortunately.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

For what reason would you want to leave negative feedback for a buyer?

Once they buy and pay for the item they have done their bit.

I do believe that Ebay need an option to leave negative feedback for those who DONT pay. And they can verify that no payment was made.

I had one buyer purchase and not pay- I read his feedback and lo and behold he had more than 3 feedbacks saying BUYER DIDNT PAY ETC.

So  held out and got an unpaid item strike against him. My fingers were crossed that he didnt pay coz then I was worried he would claim item not received. Luckily he didnt pay.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

In response to......For what reason would you want to leave neg feedback for buyer???? I ll tell you why.... Yes they pay, then receive item as described and THEN start causing you, the seller, trouble , by changing their mind about wanting to keep item, and basically deciding they need their money back...so easiest way OUT for them is to start dispute claiming you sent the wrong size item.... Or some other claim about item not being what they expected...... And demanding full refund and postage fees x2 ...all at your expense , not theirs... Then leaving rude and unfair comments about you in feedback ... All the while, they already have your positive feedback
from you JUST because they paid. Then you can' t retract that. Then your seller reputation is damaged for one whole year after that..... Grossly unfair after 10 yrs trading always getting pos feedbacks from endless satisfied customers...All ruined.
My rating went from100% to 96% all because of this one transaction with aggressive rude unfair customer.
This just happened to me so that is how I know!! I am very angry at eBay for not having any regard and protection for me after my loyalty to them.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You have 60 days to leave feedback, you do not have to leave feedback when a buyer pays ...... you choose to do that.

Leave feedback when you consider the transaction is completed. If you have had problems with a buyer/s then wait until a buyer leaves you feedback before leaving feedback for them.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

yes, I have learned the hard way...should only leave feedback when the transaction is complete.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@888mjh...yep,i totally agree with you..

wanna here a joke???

who is regarded as "ebays little angels"?..............buyers of course.... lolol Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Totally agree.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply