INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - THIS BUYER

I have been the victim of a scrupulous buyer - <removed> - this buyer has 100% positive feedback score however when you read into his feedback he very often does not pay for the items he wins and bad comments are left.   Why????????    He has no negative marks against his score?????  yet the comments say otherwise.       I have lost my sale and it looks like others have been victims of the same.   I have looked everywhere on ebay to see where I can report this and cannot find anywhere that deals with this problem.  Ebay needs to make things easier to report potential con artists.    Can this be referred for review????

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

it has been more than Five Years since a seller could leave a negative f/back for a buyer.

if your buyer does not pay in 4 days you open a non payer dispute, via the Resolve a Problem link

after a further 4 days, and no payment, you close the dispute, ebay refund your final value fee, give the 'buyer' a strike,  and you are free to relist the item.

neither side leaves feedback.

you put your blocks in place to stop bidders with more than 1 strike from ever bidding on your auctions. (via the Account Tab > Site Preferences, on your my eBay page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Re: INCORRECT FEEDBACK SCORES: I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCRUPULOUS BUYER - <removed> - TH

@tayose1 wrote:

I have been the victim of a scrupulous buyer - <removed> - this buyer has 100% positive feedback score however when you read into his feedback he very often does not pay for the items he wins and bad comments are left.   Why????????    He has no negative marks against his score?????  yet the comments say otherwise.       I have lost my sale and it looks like others have been victims of the same.   I have looked everywhere on ebay to see where I can report this and cannot find anywhere that deals with this problem.  Ebay needs to make things easier to report potential con artists.    Can this be referred for review????

The reporting functions on eBay are poor at best, and I agree the reporting process should be much more visible IMO and consistent with a safe trading environment.

With buyers like the one you struck I always take the time to ring eBay and report them over the phone, it then puts a flag on their future buying activities (or so a number of eBay reps have indicated to me). 

IMO non-paying pests like these need to be restricted as soon as reports come in and BLOCKS put in place by eBay to stop them opening up new accounts. 

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

The only way I can see that happening is if ebay implemented an I.P Ban, which still wouldn't stop them as they could just go and use a friend's PC or go to an internet cafe

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Its because sellers are not doing the right thing.

Instead of following the proper proceedures set out by Ebay, NPB are able to continue.

Sellers prefer to leave false positives as some form of payback

When they should of done the right thing and opened a UPI.

These sorts of sellers are not only doing the wrong thing by Ebay but also to fellow sellers.

As you can see leaving false positives on a buyers feedback means nothing.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

@kobies_costume_jewelry wrote:

Its because sellers are not doing the right thing.

Instead of following the proper proceedures set out by Ebay, NPB are able to continue.

Sellers prefer to leave false positives as some form of payback

When they should of done the right thing and opened a UPI.

These sorts of sellers are not only doing the wrong thing by Ebay but also to fellow sellers.

As you can see leaving false positives on a buyers feedback means nothing.

Honest truthful feedback for buyers gives me a heads up a seller that I have a non-paying pest on my hands, and I can cancel bids or not drag my feet opening a dispute.

Sellers can leave feedback for non-payers and then issue a strike.  I am not sure why the furphy exists that sellers who leave feedback for non payers have not issued a strike.  I leave feedback for all my buyers, including non-payers, and issue a non payment strike each and everytime.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Does the feedback remain after the strike has been issued Cats?

Feedback can be left from the minute the item is bought/won so of course you can leave it before a strike is issued, but ebay says that feedback can be removed after a strike is issued.  Are you saying this is incorrect?

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Ebay policy is clear that the feedback MAY be removed on request IF it is sufficiently feedback to warrant removal.

No feedback is automatically removed by eBay - the recipient, whether buyer or seller, must specifically request eBay to review feedback they have received to see if it meets the conditions for removal.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Lyndal - the system is supposed to automatically remove any feedback once a strike has been issued.

If the buyer goes through checkout or sends a message through ebay while the dispute is open, sometimes the system doesn't automatically remove the feedback, but a call to ebay will see it removed.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

The system does not automatically remove feedback for non-payer.

I have confirmed with ebay that a seller can leave feedback for a nonpayer, even if a strike is subsequently issued.

Feedback that is left needs to be negative to be removed and the other party must request its removal.
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply