INR and what to do???

Hi ppl  I have had a INR case opened (no contact from buyer b4)

However thats it. Buyer has not responded to any msgs or phone calls.

Time is up 2morrow and im just wondering what to do?

should I just refund (item sent large letter) or if the buyer ends up closing the case in there favour (as ebay does naturally) would I have any chance of arguing it?

In one of my msgs I said something like (yesterday) am happy to refund you the cost of DVD if you could let me know it hasnt turned up yet. As at this stage I am assuming it has now arrived.

cheers for your advise

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

INR and what to do???

If they are not responding I would probably respond to the case with - "I'm glad you have now received the DVD".

That should get their attention if they haven't received it and if they have, you may get it closed in your favour.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

If it goes past the 4 (I thinik it is) days you are given to solve the case, it is then open for the buyer to escalate.

Regardless of what has happened in the case to that point if you have no tracking then ebay will surely find in favour of the buyer and will simply refund. If they do this you will certainly be given an unresolved case defect. The worst and most damaging kind.

You could just wait if the buyer is being unresponsive. It's possible they have since received it and have simply not bothered to do any more about the case. If you wait and they never do anything then 30-business days after the last correspondence from them the case should automatically close in your favour. But by waiting you run the risk that the buyer could escalate at any time.

We had a similar one recently and just refunded after the four days as it was only $8. But our buyer responded saying she would prefer a replacement be sent out. But as we use untracked large letter this was not an option with the case still open as she could still escalate and get a refund as well. We asked her to close the case before we would send the replacement, but there was no more heard back. After we refunded she left us NEUTRAL FB saying item never arrived but she received a refund. So we blocked her across ALL our IDs. If she wants that exact item (handmade and unique to us) she will not get it now.

Never escalate the case yourself as this will definitley cause you grief. They will close it in the buyer's favour immediately.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

Without tracking, I would refund before the buyer has a chance to escallate.  Big risk to assume the buyer has received the item and will not escallate - as soon as it is escallated you lose the opportunity to refund and the defect is instant.  Not worth the risk

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

@jfmgray wrote:

Without tracking, I would refund before the buyer has a chance to escallate.  Big risk to assume the buyer has received the item and will not escallate - as soon as it is escallated you lose the opportunity to refund and the defect is instant.  Not worth the risk

Agree fully also if you want help in the future do you think you could give us the courtesy of typing out words and not using text speak, some of us were actually born in a pre mobile phone era.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

@dcds2014dcds2014 wrote:

Hi ppl  I have had a INR case opened (no contact from buyer b4)

However thats it. Buyer has not responded to any msgs or phone calls.

Time is up 2morrow and im just wondering what to do?

should I just refund (item sent large letter) or if the buyer ends up closing the case in there favour (as ebay does naturally) would I have any chance of arguing it?

In one of my msgs I said something like (yesterday) am happy to refund you the cost of DVD if you could let me know it hasnt turned up yet. As at this stage I am assuming it has now arrived.

cheers for your advise

if they do not care to reply do not refund anything. Just reply to the case to paypal that you have made multiple atempts to contact this buyer but never neard from them.  You as a seller has rights to respond to the case and confirm some details from a buyer. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

@jfmgray wrote:

Agree fully also if you want help in the future do you think you could give us the courtesy of typing out words and not using text speak, some of us were actually born in a pre mobile phone era.

Huh?  Not sure I am using text speech?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

phorum_junkie* was agreeing with your comment, and remarking on the OP's lack of literacy skills.

Do hope the OP put the time saved not typing those characters to good use...

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

I think she meant the OP?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

INR and what to do???

What's in the OP that isn't understandable?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply