INR case found in buyer's favour

Hi I sent an item from Vic to Sydney. It was posted on 26th Aug & ebay's delivery estimate was Sept 4-6. The buyer opened a request on Sept 7. The tracking is showing as 'Delayed' (due to the lockdowns).

I provided this evidence into the INR case as well as informing the buyer of the delay. However eBay have closed the case in favour of the buyer with the reason being 'no evidence of delivery'.

I intend to challenge their decision.

My questions are- should i wait until it is delivered before opening the case?

I sent 'Signature on Delivery'. Will that hold up as proof the buyer received the item (or can any Australia Post employee sign that due to Covid)?

I've opened an Australia Post late/missing case (which the buyer knew about & that shows in the tracking.

Will seller protection cover the funds? (well over $100).

Finally if all else fails with eBay, would it be worth opening up a case with ACORN (as the buyer will have my item & the refund).

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: INR case found in buyer's favour

When it comes to INR requests they are stupid lately, 3 months ago I had a dispute open on ebay not externally for an item that was delivered on australia posts website but not on ebay cause of the tracking bug, CS refused to close it early. Case closes automatically after 3 business days as thats the new process. Refund goes to buyer I appealed got my money back

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

A few months back (maybe 6 or 8), I extended my handling time to 5 days (but still post same or next day). It hasn't affected sales. It has helped fatten out the delivery estimate, which buys a bit of time with Covid delays. I was concerned initially that buyers would be upset at the delivery estimate date, but if anything, my sales have actually increased!

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

This is what I found Digi

Protection for sellers whose payments are managed by eBay

When eBay is managing payments for sellers who have been activated, eBay will provide additional protections in the case of a payment dispute. If there is abusive buying activity present, eBay will protect sellers whose payments are being managed by eBay in the following circumstances:

• When a buyer reports that they haven't received their item

• When a buyer reports that an item doesn't match the listing description

• When a buyer reports that they don't recognise the transaction

If a buyer files a payment dispute and the transaction is eligible for protection, we'll cover the amount of the dispute, and waive the fee.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply