IS EBAY STARTED TOO OUTPRICE ITSELF?

after ebay's finnished with you, paypal ect your losing about %15 as a seller i'm starting too wonder if its all worth it

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: IS EBAY STARTED TOO OUTPRICE ITSELF?

@gtx305 wrote:
Fees and postage are only a small part.. they are NOT the whole problem. Sales knowledge and business planning (or lack thereof) is.

People need to stop deciding what someone else will pay for something without a little more sales education. Ill only pay up to $30 for a pair of jeans, but that doesnt mean someone else wont pay $100.

I rarely ever shopped on ebay to get something "cheap". I always shopped here to get something different, a little unique, or that I cant get elsewhere.

^^ This, sell for unique appeal not mass market valuations.

many people buy on impulse for something that catches their eye and convenience.Thay often also turn out better customers than those scraping for cheapest deal.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

correct gtx what you think of a product can mean nothing,   a few years back I had 30 cans of orange oil paint , i thought if i got $10 each i would be lucky . i put them on auction twice a week for 15 weeks , and in no order they ranged from $4  to $52 all sold and all started at .99. the average was about $25 .in fact to me I once sold on auction the most worst color paint in my mind a karki-greeny -greyish , it was hard to discribe the color , wall paint and it sold beyond retail price.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

In my Category I'm finding that people are mainly using Ebay as a Catalogue these days. They use it to have a look at what's new & for ideas & then go off & source it either direct from O/S or another Direct Website. Also that way they don't caught with a Chinese Junk Merchant posing as being here in Australia selling inferior goods.

I actually opened my own Website on the suggestion of the BUYERS & many have since become regulars. I can still sell with my regular Markup but WITHOUT the Ebay Fees. It's a "Win, Win" in that the Buyers are getting the product cheaper & I'm still making the same profit - In fact more because I'm now capturing more Trade.

I haven't had to bother promoting the Website other than sending out Flyers etc., because of simple word of mouth from happy Customers. It took a while but it's really beginning to take off.

I'm keeping my Ebay Store for the moment even though it's causing all of the headaches with MBG etc. because the Store Fee is cheap advertising & I do still make the a few Sales.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Just raise your item and postage prices to compensate.  What else can we regular sellers do?  We are stuck with eBay and so buyers are stuck with having to deal with higher prices for things they want to buy.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

It would be ok it postage weren't so expensive, I think it puts a lot of buyers off.

Yep..Was almost ready to a BIN memory stick till i saw postage via regular was $7.99 which is much more than the actual item price.

$7.99 postage for a tiny little usb stick ? OMG..

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply