ITEMS POSTED AS LARGE LETTERS NO TRACKING

Hello , hope everyone is having a good day , just wanted to ask a question for those sellers that use large letters to post cheap items around $3.95 to $4.95 " free post " included , I have'nt done so for a few years and just recently started to sell items in that format again, it seems that out of every ten or so one person will  claim to have never received it , yes I put do not bend and do not safe drop sticker on it , its really annoying , just recently with this type of listing I have added that free postage is standard and does not include insurance for loss or damage and that I do not refund lost and damaged items by Australia Post , is that ok to write that ? How  does paypal view this ? as proof of posting will be hard to provide as there is no tracking number , thanks in advance , cheers

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: ITEMS POSTED AS LARGE LETTERS NO TRACKING

It does have tracking. It's registered post and costs $3 extra for the buyer. A sad fact but due to PayPal fraud I will only ever send registered or signed for no matter what. Some buyers opt out and pay direct deposit, but for PayPal which is 90% of buyers! signed for is the only choice I give. At least guaranteed to arrive and insured if it doesn't.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Hi,'

I have been able to send many of my items in either large or small letters due to their size and shape. I have continued to do it up to now because it is much cheaper postage for my customers. However it is risky, because there is no tracking with this postage option.

I have found that even when you use a postage option that provides a tracking number, such as the most commonly used one - up to 500gm parcels - this is not sufficient proof for Paypal that you have infact posted the parcel if the buyer should claim not to have received it.

What PayPal require apparently is 'proof of lodgement'. To get this you must register parcels or letters and THEN you get documentary proof of posting WITH THE ADDRESS OF THE ADDRESSEE on it and the date posted. This is the important detail that PayPal require for sellers to be eligible for PayPal insurance against loss.

SO. . . from now on, unfortunately, postage will cost my buyers slightly more to provide the security I want and of course, come the beginning of May, it will also cost ME more because I (and every other seller on ebay) will be paying fees on postage !!??

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

With what they advised me to do, I have that. The addressee's name and address stamped by PO & receipt for postage costs. With Registered Large Letter you of course have the slip with Tracking number. But previously on one of these threads, someone said you in fact need proof of 'delivery'.
Hate to say it, but I will be adding in the fees, still show postage & still offer combined, the only fair way for Buyers I think . . . . . .
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Click and Send provides that already.

As far as registering all items, that is a seller's decision. If they are in a competitive category, that cost will ultimately be borne by the seller, or result in reduced sales. As buyers will tend to buy the same item from somebody else if somebody else is cheaper.

Depending, once again, on what you are selling, a member here once suggested adding 10c (20c now probably) to the price and putting it in a jar for each letter sent, and remove money from the jar to cover refunds if INRs happen. I would certainly have several jars full of money if I had been that explicit in my accounting.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply