If I sold an item through $1.00 auction Buyer never paid Should I be charged commission fee?

If I sold an item through $1.00 auction and the Buyer never paid or picked up the item Should I be charged commission fee?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If I sold an item through $1.00 auction Buyer never paid Should I be charged commission fee?

Did you report it as an upaid item?

If not, then yes, you will be charged. Ebay consider something sold the moment the auction ends if the item has bids on it

They have no way of know the item was not paid for if the seller does not open an unpaid item dispute 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@gsheath10wrote:

If I sold an item through $1.00 auction and the Buyer never paid or picked up the item Should I be charged commission fee?

You can get the commission fee back. You will have to do exactly as enigmabear said though-open an unpaid item claim and carry through with it.

When you open it, the buyer will get 4 days to pay, if they don't pay in that time, close the case, get your fee back.

You might think-this is just too much trouble to bother with for a few cents, but it is worth doing for a couple of reasons

-the principal of the thing, you deserve your money back & if you don't open a case, ebay gets to keep it. bet they rake in a fortune this way actually.

-by opening an unpaid item case against your non payer, once it closes ebay will mark a strike against that person's account. If they get a couple, they won't be able to bid on items with a lot of sellers (you can set your account up so you're one of them). If sellers do this with non payers, it helps block some of them for the future.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@springyzonewrote:

You might think-this is just too much trouble to bother with for a few cents,

springy, if you look at the OP's completed listings it looks like the item in question is a $415.00 lawnmower that had a start price of $1.00.

Interestingly the winning bidder had only one other item they were bidding on - another lawnmower........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@padi*0409wrote:

@springyzonewrote:

springy, if you look at the OP's completed listings it looks like the item in question is a $415.00 lawnmower that had a start price of $1.00.

Interestingly the winning bidder had only one other item they were bidding on - another lawnmower........................

Ooo. Most definitely worth getting the commission back then.

I hardly ever think to check anyone's completed listings etc, so i assumed it was a $1 sale.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Good grief!!

OP please don't start your auctions at $1 - even when ebay says to do so.

What if it had sold for one bid of $1?

Start your auction at a price you would be happy to sell for.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@springyzonewrote:

@padi*0409wrote:

@springyzonewrote:

Ooo. Most definitely worth getting the commission back then.

I hardly ever think to check anyone's completed listings etc, so i assumed it was a $1 sale.

I think it's more likely that they listed under one of the offers to only pay $1 in fees when it sells, but who knows?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply