If a customer has bid on my item by accident and needs to cancel the bid how can I do this?

A customer tried to bid $99. on my items not seeing that the starting cost was $ 250 which when he placed the bid it automatically updated it to $250. He is now asking me to cancel the bid. how can I do this.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If a customer has bid on my item by accident and needs to cancel the bid how can I do this?

It is not possible to bid $99 and have it accepted as $250.

If there is more than 12 hours remaining tell them to retract the bid themself.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

He would not have been able to bid $99. And he would have had to confirm the bid at $250. If it is less than an hour (?) since his bid or more than 12 hours until the auction ends, he can withdraw the listing himself. This gets recorded against his ID, so sellers can see how many times he puts bodgy bids in. Which may well be the reason he wants YOU to cancel it.

if, however, you feel a need to cancel his bid, I don't know. I don't do auctions.

I THINK you go into the bidding list, where there should be an option to cancel a bid/s, but I have never done it, and probably wouldn't.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I would first check their feedback page to see if they make a habit of withdrawing bids, if they have done it a couple of times before then tell them they can cancel their own bid as long as there are more than 12 hours to go. You can tell them that anyway, tell them to look under Buying Resources in the site map for how to do it. If there are less than 12 hours to go then you will have to cancel the bid, you can find the link under selling Activities on the site map. I would then add them to your blocked bidder list, they may be telling the truth but you never can tell.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply