If we could leave Ebay Feedback what do you think their rating would be?

I have had so many negative dealings with Ebay of late. The business has such poor systems and they operate so incompetently... I am quite appalled. Yes of course I can walk away if I am not happy... etc etc but that is not the point... they create a business model where as a seller you cannot put a foot wrong.. and you are required to go above and beyond for your customer and rightly so but Ebay can't even answer a phone or answer an email in 4 days.. and that's just the start. Both myself and my customer alerted them to an item received after the customer made an initial claim and 3 days later after this advice they still refunded customer... Their answer days later was "get the customer to pay again" and the customer is ike "I have wasted so much time on this I am over it"!   I would leave them negative feedback as a provider... Ebay was so great in it's day - but I fear that's over... The negatives are now almost outweighing the positives... for me.  I wonder what these new systems have actually acheived except for more scammers... As a buyer as well I have never had a bad buying experience! Sorry for the vent... thats all it is 😞 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: If we could leave Ebay Feedback what do you think their rating would be?

I would give them a zero if possible, mabe a one just to be nice. I think they have lost the plot and a lot of other auction sites are coming online, there is also direct competition from other sites. If all they can do is what is now they are done for, the only thing holding them up is the large Australian retails that decided to get on board and the chinese sellers. They went overboard with policies that seem to only effect some.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Yes thankfully I have kept my eye on the message boards for a few years and taken a lot of advice and set up my website and of course social media etc - It all took time but thankfully this is now working fabulously.. But it's still a shame... Ebay WAS so great...    

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@**melonbellies** wrote:

Yes thankfully I have kept my eye on the message boards for a few years and taken a lot of advice and set up my website and of course social media etc - It all took time but thankfully this is now working fabulously.. But it's still a shame... Ebay WAS so great...    

Yes I agree, the original model was superb! Sadly I think that is the problem; it became too easy for the average Joe to make money for little effort, avoid paying tax on extra income, and allowed a lot of people to become self sufficient and their own boss. Exactly the opposite of what most big corporations want, they survive themselves by supporting the 1%, not the 99%. eBays slide is not just bad management, bad luck etc... it is a staged managed correction of taking the power back imho.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@**melonbellies** wrote:

I agree it is a real shame Cat Sad   

Good to see trading increasing through social media contender - afterall this type of competition is healthy for consumers like us 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

After a recent experience with the drones who are supposed to help when issues arise I would not only give eBay a negative feedback rating but block them from future contact also 🙂

I lost count of the different stories (BS) I was told when I phoned them with my issue, even two 'Supervisers' gave me completely different stories.

When they emailed me it was a different person each time who obviously didn't bother checking my case file first so I was asked the same questions over and over.

I was asked to upload my APO tracking receipt three times to prove I had returned the item, given different time frames about how long I would have to wait for a refund, and what was supposed to take no more than ten business days took over five weeks to finalise.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I'd also give them 1 star. They are hopeless in every department. The amount of system glitches is apalling. They've made the entire selling experience overly complicated (not to mentiion expensive). Sellers have no power and are regularly victims to shonky buyers & non-paying bidders. Junk from China ranks higher in searches. The system for defects is absurd as are the ludicrous reasons for returns.

Ebay need to wake up and recognise seller's are not happy. They will find out just how unhappy when the ship is sinking and everyone moves to social media based selling sites (or new big players in the market). IMO it is just a matter of time!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Today I sold my first item on "The Other Site" I only joined last weekend to see how it works and listed 2 items One sod today and has to be posted to Broken Hill which will happen tomorrow. "The Other Site" accepted Paypal and Bank deposit and other method's which I do not use. I was over wraped with their support which does not happen here. I have now started moving my listings to the "Other Site" when they runout here. And at 20 cents per listing and a small precentage on sales 3.5% I think. What more can you ask. The site does take a little time to get use to but sales is what matters and FEES..I know my way to my future and its not eBay.

Gayle

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yes I agree with you all. I guess the main problem has been "no competition" so they could do what they want to make the most profit with the least amount of effort. With the amount of fees I pay them per month I am so shocked to be offered such little service, I am hardly treated like a valued customer... In the good old days you would be sent a Christmas card at the very least for the loyalty I have shown this Ebay company... but each year I get shafted more and more... Obviously I am not getting the message fast enough.. they do not need or want the likes of my small business... and they have so much control.. it's quite ridiculous... I do not really believe in whinging about something when I have the option "not to partake" and I do have an exit strategy!! It's just so far from the great compnay that it use to be and I guess, I am frustrated and disappointed!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

To be blunt EBay could not care less about your issues. Ebay openly steals from sellers accounts no matter what evidence you have that they are incorrect. They never response to complaints. Ebay allows proven false feedback to be left..the list goes on.

You will find the reason many have issues dealing on Ebay now is because they have 1 or 2 sellers per catagory they protect, remove negatives with etc and the rest...they dont care less about. That is a fact.

So you have options of bending over and taking what Ebay does, stop trading here or take legal action when necessary. Ebay is as far from a seller riendly site as you can fine.

Like most, I pray for another site to come along. 99% would jump ship then. 

What can you say about a site that makes 3 and more times the profit from your business as you do through their ridiculous fee prices

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply