If you buy mac makeup can you resell?how can you be authorized when so many on ebay arent reported

I have bought Mac makeup online in past from buyers and then resold them.Now ebay says I was in violation when everyone elae does.i only buy and sell authentic stuff.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: If you buy mac makeup can you resell?how can you be authorized when so many on ebay arent report

Contact the company and ask them to be nominated as an authorized reseller.

Maybe they are part of the Vero Program? (I don't know) and have reported your listing.

Otherwise attain a letter of authenticity from an authorized third party source for your product and provide that to eBay.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: If you buy mac makeup can you resell?how can you be authorized when so many on ebay arent report

j*oono
Community Member

Apart from the above answers, used cosmetics cannot be sold on ebay.  If they are new but have been opened they can be sold but you have to state clearly in the listing that they have been opened but are unused.

Joono
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I've actually got some new but opened makeup listed atm (well no retail packaging)

and i had to list it as used.

i listed it as new originally, and in my description had no retail packaging but never used 9and the pictures clearly show this) but the system wouldn't even let me process it.

but it was happy for me to list it as used

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

That is really strange Crikey as the prohibited and restricted items list shows that they cant be sold.

not allowed

• Used cosmetics

• Used makeup sponges or applicators

allowed

• Opened but unused cosmetics, as long as the seller clearly states that the container has been opened

Joono
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

here is what i got when I went to list

RequiredCondition  Item condition help

Used
An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

And here is what the policy is Used cosmetics policy

What are the guidelines?

Allowed

• New cosmetic brushes and applicators

Restricted

• Homemade cosmetics, as long as they comply with government regulations

• Lotions, perfumes and body washes, as long as they don't have an applicator that comes into contact with the body

• Opened but unused cosmetics, as long as the seller clearly states that the container has been opened

• Sample cosmetics, as long as they come in the original container that includes the ingredient list

Not allowed

• Used cosmetics

• Used makeup sponges or applicators

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I'm agreeing with you Joono.....

Was just supplying additional information on the subject.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yes.  That is exactly as I thought.  Used cosmetics are not allowed.

Joono
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

It depends where you bought the MAC from. If you have a receipt from an authorised reseller then you are OK to list it but you risk having your listing removed as there is so much fake mac around that it is rare to see the genuine item on ebay. If you have the correct receipt then contact T&S and ask them for the go ahead to list after letting them see your receipt.

If you bought the makeup on ebay, any other auction site, at a market or one of the real cheapo stores then you either have fakes or do not have sufficient proof.

If it is not genuine then you risk prosecution and large fines for copyright infringement by even having them in your possession

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply