Image sizes too large for attachments to Ads.

I'm at my wit's end with Gumtree and E-Bay.

My Images are JPEG, however are apparently too large to be included in Advertisements.

Has E-Bay reduced it's File sizes for advertisers ?.

I've tried using a Resizer, however the image appeared with a White Cross on it.

I've also attempted 100% reduction with the same results.

It seems I can no longer add Images to Ads posted on Gumtree or E-Bay.  Text only.

Can anything be done ?.

As much as I enjoy buying on E-Bay, placing Ads is a nightmare....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

None of the responses to my enquiry were helpful, however several days ago I was able to solve the problem myself.

As the original question referred to the CANON IXUS 275 HS model Camera, press FUNC SET.

Looking to the left of the Screen, scroll down to S, which is the setting for E-Mails and there should be no trouble attaching images

to E-Mails or anything else.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I sometimes get a failure for a file (photo) being too large, no idea why it would be, nor why it only happenes randomly

I use PicMonkey to re-size when it happens 

https://www.picmonkey.com/

No idea if it's any help to you, but I thought I'd give it a mention

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

When pics are too large I sometimes put them into paint and crop unnecessary backgrounds then they work.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I just use Paint to resize them, not that it happens often.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

None of the responses to my enquiry were helpful, however several days ago I was able to solve the problem myself.

As the original question referred to the CANON IXUS 275 HS model Camera, press FUNC SET.

Looking to the left of the Screen, scroll down to S, which is the setting for E-Mails and there should be no trouble attaching images

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@8421tony wrote:

Nice you gave yourself the green.

Where in the original question was this bit?

More info originally and the more people can help you

Oh that's right - we're all mind readers

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply