Images - need 100% correct answer

Hi all,

I have had a look at eBays image policy and it seems pretty clear cut in relation to images - no borders / text / additional logos etc etc. Why is it then that every other seller in my industry has listings with borders / backgrounds / text / logos that clearly have been edited - both in gallery images and main listing images?  I have heard if you host the images yourself you can do what you like - is that what everyone is doing? I would love to have a clear cut answer to this one. Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Images - need 100% correct answer

@trailer-board-paradise wrote:

Aha...good to see that but depednding where you look Ebay does stress the following in the Seller Centre hence general confusion - http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/how-to-take-product-photos/ebay-photo-requirements.html

• Borders aren’t allowed on any of your photos.
  • Watermarks are allowed for ownership and attribution, but not for marketing information, specific details about your item, or customer service
  • No text or artwork (such as “Free shipping” or seller logos) may be added to the photo.

That is for ebay.com - not for the Australian Site. Different sites have different rules

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Images - need 100% correct answer

Arghhh...

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I had checked the URL.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply