Impossible to sell anything on eBay due to scammers buying my item every time I relist

karma-77
Community Member

Just so frustrated about selling on eBay, I've relisted my item 3 times in the past 24 hours due to fake accounts/scammers buying my item. They somehow request an invoice to ship overseas, although I've set "No International Postage". 

This are the messages I included in the invoice that I always get. Absolutely ridiculous.

eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account

Hello -------,

We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, wisnidavid, because they were made without the account owner's permission:

And every time have to cancel and relist, it goes towards my free listings and I end up having to pay insertion fees for my ads although I have not sold a single item.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Impossible to sell anything on eBay due to scammers buying my item every time I relist

Remove best off option and have buy now only and tick the box for immediate payment required.

That way until they pay with paypal the item is not sold.

It also stops scammers as they do not want to buy and and have pay like that.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Remove best off option and have buy now only and tick the box for immediate payment required.

That way until they pay with paypal the item is not sold.

It also stops scammers as they do not want to buy and and have pay like that.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Also tick the boxes for all the locations you don't post to.

That way they cannot buy or bid.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

The searches can be frustrating too. Smiley Frustrated

I was searching for lighters and only got 10,000 matches..............................................................................Smiley LOL

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Id like to point out that you get 40 free listings per month.

You've had 5 completed listings since August and currently have 2 live listings.

You don't have insertion fees.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Id like to point out that you get 40 free listings per month.

You've had 5 completed listings since August and currently have 2 live listings.

You don't have insertion fees.

Unless they are reffering to another account  ???   Man Tongue

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

OP mentions listing the item 3 times in the last 24 hours.

So it's this account

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I've deleted the bought listings multiple times. I would love to show you all the emails that I've been sent saying that "Your items has been bought!". Last month when I was relisting another item I had to pay insertion and fees and therefore I stopped using eBay for a while. 

To the people who suggested some actually useful information, much appreciated.  

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@karma-77 wrote:

I've deleted the bought listings multiple times. I would love to show you all the emails that I've been sent saying that "Your items has been bought!". Last month when I was relisting another item I had to pay insertion and fees and therefore I stopped using eBay for a while. 

To the people who suggested some actually useful information, much appreciated.  

That has been a "glitch" in the last few weeks or so,(contact eBay and request the listing fees back as they

should've been free listings).

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Also go to you account and select Site Preferences and then Postage preferences.

Click Show at the right hand side and then Exclude postage locations from your listings.

Then Edit on the right hand side and tick all the countries /areas you want to exclude,good.gif

It's the only way to exclude overseas countries.

This guide shows you how to deal with the scammers:

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Nigeria-is-a-scam-Fake-shipping-agent-Contact-Live-Help-/1000000001695207...

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply