Increase in people saying items never arrived or missing items and opening a case

I have noticed a increase in customers saying items are missing, didn't arrive etc. I have looked into this and a simple google search -  "how to get free ebay items" explains it all in detail.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I can see as sellers we need more protection.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Increase in people saying items never arrived or missing items and opening a case

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Posters on the boards have been saying this for ages.....Google may be your friend but in this case it is saying nothing that is not common knowledge.

It is also a bit hard for members to get any more protection because it is ebay who are facilitating this modern form of shoplifting.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Increase in people saying items never arrived or missing items and opening a case

lyndal1838 - just trying to pock the big bear (Ebay & PayPal) to start listening. They took all our abilty to avoid these fraudsters by giving them negative feedback, etc so in the end EBay, Paypal and the fraudsters win and we just have to keep paying for it.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay doesn't read the boards and very few members come to this board anyway.   You have completely wasted your time.

If you really want to get a discussion going you should post on the Buying and/or Selling boards where more members will see the post.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It's interesting that you have mentioned all this.   On the flip side, I have seen an increase in sellers that don't send items.  Usually small, low-cost things.  Usually Chinese-based sellers who are pretending to sell from Australia. It's almost as though they hope that people can't be bothered to follow up on the item.

eBay is dropping the ball in a lot of areas, and it's a pretty low act if people are pretending to not recieve items and scamming the sellers.  This type of BS will only damage the marketplace, and will result in sellers just not listing items any more.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@apexracing-aust wrote:

I have noticed a increase in customers saying items are missing, didn't arrive etc. I have looked into this and a simple google search -  "how to get free ebay items" explains it all in detail.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I can see as sellers we need more protection.

There was a post a week or so ago about Amazon & how it is easier to rip them off as they seem to replace items without any checks at all. They caught a buyer who had been fraudulent but not till that buyer had managed to steal something like a million or more dollars worth of goods.

The protection you have as a seller is to send items with tracking. If you don't, you leave yourself open to the unscrupulous buyer.

Austpost isn't fail proof, they make their mistakes for sure, but I'd say the majority of items get delivered okay. Yet you see some buyers with feedback that would suggest about 99% of their stuff goes missing. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be suspicious.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Ive resorted to taking a photo of each picked order that has multiple items. Its always great to read how some buyers quickly back step when you supply them with a photo and ask them should I ring the police now or after you have brought forward an excuse.

My only neg I have received in a few years was from a scammer just wanting free stuff. Its clearly seen they are scammers when you look at their feedback they have given to other sellers. But as I could not prove it, they got their money back and also free items. I know where he lives, not far form me, I should go pay him a visit one day. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@northern_4x4 wrote:

Ive resorted to taking a photo of each picked order that has multiple items. Its always great to read how some buyers quickly back step when you supply them with a photo and ask them should I ring the police now or after you have brought forward an excuse.

My only neg I have received in a few years was from a scammer just wanting free stuff. Its clearly seen they are scammers when you look at their feedback they have given to other sellers. But as I could not prove it, they got their money back and also free items. I know where he lives, not far form me, I should go pay him a visit one day. Smiley Wink

Nah, don't do that. Just go and buy a 6 pack of Bundy and coke and bribe the local yobbos to pay them a visit instead. They'll do anything for a 6 pack of Bundy and coke. I can send you my former neighbours if you can't find any.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply