Increased number of not received standard mail...

Hi all,

Since eBay introduced this knew case of buyer opening a dispute case. I have had a increase number of item not received when posting in standard padded envelopes. Not sure why buyer opens dispute without even contacting us first. We do not travel with their mail so if they dont tell us we dont know. I am temptered to start sending everything even small in 500grams satchels charging customer $7.50 rather than $2.00. Anyone has had an increase in disputes like this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Increased number of not received standard mail...

Why not, if it's viable. At least that way you have some comeback. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

My INRs increased dramatically in the lead-up to Christmas (several months without even one, then suddenly 2-3 a week). Start of November, they dropped off just as dramatically, and then over the Christmas / New Year period, I received 3 messages - two didn't involve eBay's new system, just direct messages, and they were both from long-term repeat buyers so I had no reason at all to doubt them.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Because many people dont like confrontation so they simply go via ebay dispute. Also the system defaults them into thinking this is normal way to make enquiry.

Not having tracking makes buyers nervous as they have come to expect it rather than the nervous waiting game.

They believe Ebays delivery window estimate is money back guarantee eligibility

Then of course there are the opportunistic scammers

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Being with eBay for so long one gets to see who the geniune INR enquiries are. Tracking or no tracking I will always ensure the buyer gets their product. What just annoys me is that some dont even give you a go to look into it, others jump to extreme thinking Im stuck behind a laptop all day and should be answering their questions within minutes. Also, I have noticed my sales go incredibly down once one of these cases are opened until its solved. One customer received their products via tracking I can see its been delivered and signed for. Hoever he raises request, I ask ebay to look into it and have been waiting 3 days and still no word. I dont know about anyone else but eBay is making me tired. Feeling the need to move my business elsewhere hopefully by the end of the year....Thanks guys just needed to have a winge and feel extremely better now lol...Its been a tough day!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It's looking more and more like I'm about to have my first ever INR. Thankfully the buyer sent me a message, she didn't open a dispute. I asked if she would wait another week and if it hadn't arrived by then I'd give her a refund. That week ends tomorrow. Hopefully she just sends me another message and doesn't open a dispute!!

I'm disappointed that the lady hasn't received the (untracked) item that she bought, but this was bound to happen sooner or later. I just hope it's not the start of something!!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

i my items are 500grams or more so i send everything with a tracking number but i have noticed something crazy this december/january that i've not seen before.

that is, packages detouring before heading in the right direction to their intended destination.

one package was meant to go a 10 drive away from my place near melbourne,  but went to perth and finally to where it was meant to go.  it took three weeks.

another destined for nsw, left victoria, entered nsw, came back into victoria and then went to nsw again.

yet another destined for geelong, went to queensland and caught some sun before being delivered the the correct place.

in the last two months i've had four parcels take selfies with gnomes all around the country.

i've kept a close guard on where each package is and if i see weird stuff i contact the buyer and let them know what is going on, where their package is and that there will be a delay.  no negs or cases opened so far.

without tracking i'd be screwed.  perhaps it's worth the extra fee.

the dude at the aussie post told me that if the machines read the addressee address wrong, this sort of thing can happen so i don't put the two and from addresses on the same side any more.  used to put the "to" address in the top left corner.  still, that's only part of the solution.  i had things go on holidays even after i separated the addresses. ???

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

santa on holidays.png

you see, this is what happens to our beloved capitalist construct when santa goes on holidays before the end of his shift...

gnome stealing.jpg

unconscionable trotskyist looting! 

gnomes revolution.jpg

revolution!    anarchy!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

That is very weired. Ususally I dont have a issue with Aust Post and the one parcel in whoever many that goes astray I dont worry about. I am suspecting another thing that two parcels that left on the 27th a day after the public holiday have gone astray. I have got to the point where I am photographic each parcel but at the end of the day the buyer needs to get their goods. I am doing it so that I can finally find with proof where the problem is. I also just think with this eBay dispute process (which is useless as buyer can go through paypal) will lead to many dishonest customers and alot more work for us. In a few years time eBay will be all admin and no selling. See its the dilema sending off a small packet of drill for $2.00 or do I charge $7.50 for something that is so small. Should I charge $7.50 there is no sales as customer can pick up at a hardware store. The money I am making in profit is peanuts to the $ I have to spend between supplier, ebay paypal and aussie post. They each get more much more than what I am making so to create sellers unnessasary work I feel is very stupid. There is so much to weigh up with eBay and I think we will be loosing many sellers over the months as it is just not worth it. Truely its not as simple as spending 1 minute putting up a listing. When I see those stories it took me a whole 60 seconds to put up a listing and I made all these $ what rubbish are people getting away with saying I dont know. The FVF on postage is a big killer. Its not as easy as adding it in the selling cost because 1. customers cant see what they pay for shipping therefore many think the item is too expensive. The amount of refunds I have to do is nuts as customer does not wait for a invoice because they really shouldnt have to. Anyway I am currently finding more negatives than possitives here and let me not start on the customer service chat. The $ eBay is getting to the amount of service we are receiving is pathetic. Once I find another way I am outta here and that would be the end to my headaches.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

These boards are actually educating other Ebay members how  to screw sellers. Although these boards offer insight to many questions and issues that occur daily it can also work in the opposite direction. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply