Increased sales after bulk edit

Yesterday I posted about my listings taking a long time to re-index after turning off holiday mode.

Brerrabbit made the excellent suggestion of doing a bulk edit (but not changing anything).

I went through all my listings, and found in fact there were a few red-flag items I needed to change which showed up on the bulk listing page.

Anyway, I did all that, re-submitted all my listings which were then indexed fully within a few minutes and in less than 24 hours I've had 3 sales.

Co-incidence? Or maybe I'm wondering if the bulk edit and resubmission actually "refreshes" all the listings and gives them a little boost?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Increased sales after bulk edit

I had to do this to make any of mine show up at all after my last vacation mode. Very annoying, but it definitely worked.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Phantom bulk edits are a tool ebay CS use when sellers are having visibility problems, so obviously ebay staff believe it works.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Well, I've had 4 sales in the last 24 hours, which is what my average used to be before the middle of June when everything went pear-shaped for me. My sales were down to about a 1/3 of what I would usually make over the month, which was extremely unusual.

Now, having done this bulk-edit, to suddenly have the uptick in sales in great, whether it's because of the bulk-edit or some other reason. If my sales continue to trend upwards, then I do think it may have been a visibility problem - I'll see what happens over the next week or so.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I use the classic site. Is there a way to bulk edit on that?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

If you mean All Selling, yes.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thankyou Brerrabbit, I am having some trouble working out how to do it. I have gone onto all selling, but there is no option to bulk edit.

i would appreciate any instruction if any members get a chance to offer it.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Tick the relevant listings, click on Edit.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thankyou Brerrabbit, I will have a go at doing that. My sales have plummeted since starting a store, so something is wrong.

i appreciate your help.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

My smallest store has slowed markedly as I am not listing much new stock on it. ( running it down for possible closure ). Have just done a phantom bulk edit on all listings on that store as an experiment to see if it helps.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply