Insufficient funds in bank account?

I have just received an email from ebay stating I do not have sufficient funds in my nominated bank account to pay $27. 45 in fees. I have over $30,000 in this account so cannot understand why i received this email.

Stupid ebay's automated assistant was no use of course. Not sure why I received this email or what to do next.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Insufficient funds in bank account?

You've misunderstood the message.

It's the store subscription. I have the same thing.

When I first moved over to Managed Payments, I was able to keep Paypal linked so that the store fees would come out of there every month.

Now the store fee is deducted from your available funds, UNLESS you have been paid out and your available funds are sitting at zero and your subscription is due. Now it will just take the fee from the bank account.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

When did you move over to the new Managed Payments system?

Your payment account is where the funds from sales will accumulate until they're disbursed to your bank.

Lets say you set your payouts to be weekly. That means that every Tuesday, your nett funds from the previous weeks sales will go to your bank account. So, on Tuesday this past week, those funds will have made their way to you. If you haven't had any sales since Tuesday, your payment account will be sitting at zero. However, the store subscription is due in the first few days of every month, so because you haven't had sales for the past few days to cover the fee, all Ebay can do is deduct the subscription fee from your bank account.

You don't really need to do anything, it will be automated. I'm not sure if you will continue to see messages, but I guess it is good just to get a once a month reminder about what is happening.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

My first question is was it a real email from Ebay,  or was it a scammer trying to get bank details

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Nope - not a scam as it also appears in my ebay messages, and also in my financial summary in Seller Hub.ebay funds.jpg

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

My first thought while reading your post was what sugar said, but if it is also in your eBay messages and you have enough funds, it is most probably a glitch... You can still click on Pay Now though if you are sure it is a genuine email.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

You've misunderstood the message.

It's the store subscription. I have the same thing.

When I first moved over to Managed Payments, I was able to keep Paypal linked so that the store fees would come out of there every month.

Now the store fee is deducted from your available funds, UNLESS you have been paid out and your available funds are sitting at zero and your subscription is due. Now it will just take the fee from the bank account.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry just to clarify - it's not because you don't have sufficient funds in your bank account - you don't have AVAILABLE funds in your Ebay payment account. Read the bit above the blue box again 🙂

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Still confused, as I don't understand what my ebay payment account actually is. In the past, I have always manually transferred a one-off payment when store fees are owed, but it was always via Paypal, which I then assumed would actually take the money from the linked bank account. .

I have just used the Pay Now link  above the blue message bar to pay the fee, but does that mean the end of these stupid messages, or will I have to change something for future payments?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

When did you move over to the new Managed Payments system?

Your payment account is where the funds from sales will accumulate until they're disbursed to your bank.

Lets say you set your payouts to be weekly. That means that every Tuesday, your nett funds from the previous weeks sales will go to your bank account. So, on Tuesday this past week, those funds will have made their way to you. If you haven't had any sales since Tuesday, your payment account will be sitting at zero. However, the store subscription is due in the first few days of every month, so because you haven't had sales for the past few days to cover the fee, all Ebay can do is deduct the subscription fee from your bank account.

You don't really need to do anything, it will be automated. I'm not sure if you will continue to see messages, but I guess it is good just to get a once a month reminder about what is happening.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I was moved to Managed Payments some months ago.  I understand what you are saying though because there are no sales in recent days (in fact, since 28 August -why are sales so bad? - but that's another story) so therefore nothing sitting in my sales account, as the previous sale payments were transferred two days ago on Tuesday before the store fees were due..

Just seems a very odd way of going about things. But I guess typical of ebay.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@gumleaf_goodies wrote:

there are no sales in recent days (in fact, since 28 August -why are sales so bad? - but that's another story)

Not sure why this is relevant,  but maybe no one has wanted you products since the 28th, and looking at your sales history you often go a few days without sales.  Sales are booming here

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply