International Bidder On No International Postage Item

I listed an item for sale that I only want to post within Australia and selected that when listing, and I have 'block bidders from locations I don't post to' ticked in my preferences, but a buyer from the UK has placed a bid anyway. They're selling things themselves and postage for their items is from the UK so that's obviously where they're situated. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed to not allow buyers from other countries?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Might be a glitch.    How about  you cancel the bid, and block the buyer?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Did you also check the boxes for locations you wanted to exclude? And not just posts to Australia?

We had the same problem when we first started, not realising that saying you only posted to Australia didn't actually block overseas bidders.

Did you also tick the box to apply your "block bidders" selections to all current listings?

Other than that we can't offer any further suggestions. As curraone said, you may need to cancel the bid. I would also send a message to the bidder apologising & explaining that the item can't be posted overseas.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

If you have sold less than ten items, eBay will not allow you to sell Internationally anyway.  As someone else has pointed out, you need to exclude all countries you don't send to.  There is an option for this when you list, just tick them all.  I have noticed  that you have made your feedback "private".   Please be aware, that I have chosen not to buy from someone who did this in the past, as I could see no reason other than they didn't want the Negative feedbacks to show, and they had no Positives that they could display.  I do not know your reason and I am not asking,  just pointing out that others may turn away from buying from you (as I did with that particular seller).  When I buy something, especially if it is more than a few dollars, I want reassurance by looking at the Sellers' feedback that they have had happy customers in the past.  

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@shoppingbag You can't sell at all with private feedback. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@contrarily wrote:

@shoppingbag You can't sell at all with private feedback. 

Their selling account is probably a different one to the one they're posting on.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I don't think I blocked all countries, because I've had previous listings where I've allowed US, UK and NZ. I didn't realise you had to block every single country even if you've selected to only post to Australia. Seems a bit silly!
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

This is a posting ID, not a selling ID. As the other posters said, you can't list or sell anything if you have your feedback set to private.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yep.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf wrote:
I don't think I blocked all countries, because I've had previous listings where I've allowed US, UK and NZ. I didn't realise you had to block every single country even if you've selected to only post to Australia. Seems a bit silly!

You can block regions. There are about half a dozen of them.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply