International eBay sites

I want to try listing on international eBay sites as well as Australian. So I have run a test product from my store and uploaded it directly to the US ebay site using their online template. (so we are clear I did not upload using turbo lister).

My question is, will it show up differently on the US site and will it also show up as a duplicate listing on my Australian ebay site???

Dont want to cop a infringment on a harmless test run....

Thanking you in advance....

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: International eBay sites

@sueken4812 wrote:

Excluding of course China, Hong Kong, and a a few other countries, that have Free international Post on everything.

International post is heavily subsidised by the Govt in China, it is not totally FREE for online sellers is it?

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I could be wrong, but I think sellers in the city areas that send by sea are fully subsidised by the govt, but sellers in rural areas aren't. That's why you will see some Chinese sellers with higher than what you would expect postage costs.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

The USB that I am selling is branded with DAWN OF THE DEAD logo which you will not get from China. But Australian warhammer is right you can send in a padded bag a usb stick for $2.60 anywhere in the world.

This is what I use, go down and talk to you local PO, you will be amazed with what options you have,eBay only offers like 2 ways of sending within Australia, 500 grams and under 3Kg, a DVD will cost you $2.10 (approx) locally in a padded bag. You can buy padded bags on ebay that are designed to keep the post pack under the 20mm mark hence giving you protection and cheaper postage. Send that same DVD overseas and it will cost you $6.40 (approx), no tracking except for the international customs number, if I do happen to lose one I will refund the customer not a problem, its a calculated risk but most times I get the package there 9 times out of 10.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I am astounded that any Chinese seller would not be able to reproduce the logo.

I am less astounded that the logo would attract a premium, given that the functionality would be the same as one without a logo.

Buit that's just me. And advertisers hate me, because I don't subscribe to their BS.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I know all the different rates for sending items. I didn't know what the item was. - USB stick.

The postage cost is:
$2.60
Plus cost of padded bag
Plus ebay FVF on $2.60

Is The " Dawn of the Dead" logo licensed?
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Im guessing someone in China could get the logo printed... I mean its possible I suppose. I mean its got nothing to do with what I originally asked.... just wanted to know about international eBay sites and then got a beatdown on why I would even consider trying something new..... Go Community Spirit.....

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Post 2 mentioned free intl post in your listing so i guess it ran off from there.

We didn't know what size/weight the item you are selling oseas.

For items over 500gms it has become very expensive to post overseas. Then we have to add, since May, the eBay FVF to postage which has put a lot of sellers in Aust. off selling international and the costs become too much for buyers.
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a way to quickly list the same item on other sites like ebay US?
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Listed items automatically appear on overseas eBay sites unless you specifically restrict sales to Australia only.
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply