International posatge

Hi all

We have always sold internationally but once Covid hit and postal delays started we stopped overseas buyers. Has anyone been selling and posting internationally (tracked parcels) in the last month? We posted a gift to a friend to USA last week and it has already landed in the country - maybe just lucky but it made me think maybe we should be opening to sales to some countries with tracked packages. I'm interested to hear your experiences with more recent sales.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: International posatge

I have two parcels for U.S. sitting in Brisbane since 15 June "cleared for international departure" but not going anywhere;  even though I paid the eye-watering standard postage rate with tracking.

Since then I have stopped all international postage.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I have had no issues with US for the last few months so maybe as mine go through Sydney it may help.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

My last international sale was 30 May. Tracking shows it arrived in USA on 24 June but not yet delivered.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have continued overseas sales. However, from the start of May, it has been International Express only. Don't know when I will return to Standard with tracking, soon I hope.

Previous to this, parcels, particularly to the US and Europe, entered a black hole, taking up to 12 weeks to be delivered.  I still have items from  April yet to be delivered.

Best news is,so far, I have not needed to refund customers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your responses everyone. I've looked at a few other threads as well and will stick to Australia only for the time being.

Less stress is good. Cheers!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

In the ways of the sale, wise you have become!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I am considering reopening sales to the US again, as I've had a few queries.  The last of my parcels took a month to the US.  This consisted of:

- Two weeks from AU to US

- Two weeks inside US to customer

So it would appear that they are experiencing a domestic delivery slow down on their side.  At night time when I look at the flightradar24 website I see mostly cargo jets flying between our cities and other countries, so it seems things are moving well here in Oz.

The pandemic in the US is increasing in daily cases beyond their last wave, so things are getting much worse there and won't improve any time soon.  We've stopped seeing the BLM-related violence happening on the news, so maybe that is improving however.  The increasing virus wave may slow down their domestic delivery services further and people may not be working to get an income, so the situation may not improve overall.  I may give it a limited go and see what happens.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Things might have picked up

Item I sent with Standard postage on 25 June has arrived in LOS on 5 July.    That's almost as fast as within Australia!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I'm still selling most items overseas however had a few hiccups like when I sold 2 items to norway and there was no post going there. you can't cancel countries out separately as it changes literally overnight.

however if the buyer really wants it because they pay standard airmail, I do find the email tracking good.  I keep a folder in my emails for all tracking info.  

so agree not ideal but avail to buyers if they are prepared to wait, and pay australia post a lot.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply