International shipping

Hi

Anyone is selling to internationl buyers ? I need input from you guys about shipping.

I have a buyer from UK, the item is on the way to UK but the buyer has requested a refund. 

If I process the refund, the buyer will still able to take the item once the item arrive in uk, since she has the tracking number.

Not sure what to do know Man Sad

need to find the solution for this before I get another one like this in the future

any advice would be great

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

International shipping

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you send the item with tracking and does that tracking show the item is still in transit?

Why does the seller want a refund?

If the item is still shown as in transit I would let the buyer know and ask them to wait a while.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

International shipping

imastawka
Honored Contributor

For a start, the item has been sent.  She has tracking.  Too late.

Do not refund.  If she wants a refund, then she will have to open a case later on.

She can't possibly think that you will refund and give her the item as well.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

International shipping

Is the buyer requesting a refund as the item is late to arrive or have they changed their mind?  If it a change of mind, then I would agree to a refund once the item is returned to you at the buyer's expense.  If it is late to arrive, is it overdue according to eBay's estimated delivery date? If overdue, the buyer can choose to open an Item Not Received case and if tracking does not show delivery by the time the case is due to close then consider refunding to avoid an escallation and a likely defect. If not overdue then the buyer would be unable to open a case.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

International shipping

Tell the buyer to get stuffed. They paid, you sent. Too late to change their mind now. My guess is they've realised how much extra it's going to cost them in VAT to colllect it. In the event they don't collect it, it should be returned to you. If that happens, refund the item cost only, NOT the postage.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

International shipping

Thanks for the input.

The item should be arrive on 27 sept. I guess I just let the buyer raise the case. because there is nothing I can do with the delay.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply