Inventory Management

Hi all, how do people track their inventory? Do you use the eBay inventory manager (in built) or do you use a third party app or program? Thanks
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Inventory Management

Could you provide more information on the problems you are experiencing. ?  As with all things on ebay I just keep it as simple as possible. All items listed show how many are left for sale. When I sell an item and the listing shows only 2 or 3 are left, I count up what is in storage at the same time as I find and pack the item sold. If there is a discrepancy, I ammend the listing there and then as I pack and have the listing on the screen.

If the listing is selling like hot cakes, I order more stock immediately, ( before I forget or get busy doing something else. ), I then just keep an eye on the listing to make sure it does not run out and lose my seller history. Sometimes I add the number of items on the order to the listing before I actually get them, to keep the listing going BUT I have secure supply arrangements that mean I NEVER have to wait more than 2 days for new stock. ( and have a 3 day handling period ) This last step could get messy if your suppliers and transport is not 100% reliable. There is a feature to keep a listing going, but show it is out of stock. I havnt used it myself, but others may be able to tell you how it works.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Inventory Management

I just checked several of your listings and none of the ones I looked at had multiple numbers listed. ie they where all one item only available. It looks like you possibly sell that one and then relist once sold ????

When listing or revising a listing there is a check box two thirds of the way down the page to list multiples of the same thing. If you have six beer mat sets, you set the quantity to six. If you combine postage, once you show more than one of the same item available, the postage option changes to allow cheaper postage should one customer buy more than one of the same thing. ( great for christmas when people buy multiples of the same thing to give as gifts )

It is this simple feature that I use to manage my stock as per previous post. All up I have around 2000 listings on three selling accounts and it is working no problems with that number of listings.

Like all things on ebay, the simpler you can keep things, the more time you can spend actually selling and packing stuff, rather than chasing your tail on extra steps that unnecessarily complicate the process.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Inventory Management

Also if you use a program such as MYOB, raise your inventory in there and invoice out of it well you should have correct numbers and the programe will also do your bookwork for you.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Inventory Management

Have a look at

www.control.net.au

Its an excellant inventory and invoicing software.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply