Is Top Rated/PowerSeller broken? Haven't been either since last year regardless of sales

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is Top Rated/PowerSeller broken? Haven't been either since last year regardless of sales

It's still there for me. And others, there are recent posts.

Maybe you're not a powerseller. You need $US1000 per annum in addition to your 312 sales.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: Is Top Rated/PowerSeller broken? Haven't been either since last year regardless of sales

Most likely, although I would have thought I'd have broken the $1000 barrier long ago (but maybe only in AUD, with the way it has tanked over the last couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if I was nowhere the USD amount). That said, the last month or so has been practically nothing but lots of $2 footy cards (sold at a ~50c loss after fees but I don't care) so they would hardly add up to $1000. My main sales (games/DVDs) have been pretty quiet this year, probably owing to the coronavirus.

If that bottom gauge is accurate and the end of the green is $1000 USD, I haven't even made $350, which seems way off... I'm pretty sure the AUD didn't tank to 30 US cents, despite the coronavirus!
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

This link will take you to the requirements page - it'll have a green tick next to the ones you have met (my page says AU $1000, BTW, but my actual revenue to the right of that is listed in USD, weirdly) :

https://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller&ssPageName=PageSDPowerSeller

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Yep, it's weird. I'm beyond $1000 USD with green ticks next to everything, but not a PowerSeller or Top Rated. Might have to list some more 50c coins to keep the sales up!
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Mine says I've made much more the USD$1,000 but the number of sales is just shy of the minimum 100, so I don't quality. That may explain it.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

For me, 312 sales + over 1000 USD = nothing. Never know, maybe it will change in September, but the Seller Dashboard says otherwise too.

I would understand if they changed it to 100 sales and $1000 *per month*, but it's per year.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

What does it matter? When I buy anything I don't care whether they're a powerseller or top-rated seller. I don't trust what ebay says about a seller anyway - I check for myself (by reading feedback).
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Suddenly I'm a PowerSeller again, go figure. Apparently the threshold must be set to 100 sales in 60 days. Reached the magic 100 when someone bought a $4 game off me and the PowerSellerbadge appeared out of nowhere.

It's not the Top Rated or PowerSeller thing that I was worried about (any FVF discount, if any discounts are given at all, is negligible and that's about the only thing I can think of that doesn't just act as a lead weight e.g. tighter standards), it was just weird that I was selling things over and over and over and nothing was updating. Glad it isn't feedback- or DSR-related, as I'm lucky if one in ten people leave anything at all.

Actually, no, it says listed 100, sold 140. I still have absolutely no idea how it works!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

It's definitely not 100 sales in 60 days. I've only ever done that in the last 5 months, and I've been PS/TRS for years.

What it probably is is that evaluations are done on the 20th of the month, US-time, which is today.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply