Is anyone having trouble with buyers confusing FREE LOCAL PICKUP but EXPECTING FREE POSTAGE

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is anyone having trouble with buyers confusing FREE LOCAL PICKUP but EXPECTING FREE POSTAGE

Yes... many have reported this happening.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: Is anyone having trouble with buyers confusing FREE LOCAL PICKUP but EXPECTING FREE POSTAGE

Good to know. thought it was just me. I have contacted Ebay about it and they aRE SENDING TO THEIR TECHNICAL TEAM

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'm afraid that is what they tell everyone

Only very rarely does it really happen, so please don't count on it

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It used to happen to me all the time.  It doesn't matter what you do.  I put PICK-UP ONLY in the title or in capital letters at the beginning of the description but it makes no difference.

I sold one bulk lot of books which were pick-up only, from a suburb in Brisbane, three times; twice to Western Australia.  When I cancelled the orders, ebay hit me with defects for being Out of Stock.  I had to contact them to have the defects removed explaining very slowly Western Australia was some distance from Queensland so the item was unlikely to be picked up.

Now for pick-up only items I put all locations except Brisbane and surrounds in the exclusion list so no one can purchase unless they are local.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply