Is it secure/safe to ship video games in a Padded Bag as a large letter via Australia Post?

I see people saying that items can get damaged if they are sent as a large letter. I am mostly shipping 3DS/GameCube/PS2 games with their cases. Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Is it secure/safe to ship video games in a Padded Bag as a large letter via Australia Post?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have never bought games but have received plenty of DVDs and CDs in padded envelopes or tuff bags.

There have been occasional cracked/broken cases but I have never even let the seller know.  Long ago I bought some DVD and CD cases and I just replace those that get damaged in the mail.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: Is it secure/safe to ship video games in a Padded Bag as a large letter via Australia Post?

Gsme cases can get damaged, some people are hard core collectors of games, retro games more so.
If it is just a single game i use magic tape folded on one end, in four different places, and a section of bubble wrap inside case, followed by bubble wrap or the 3-5mm soft packing foam.
Unfortunatly that extra protection makes it go as a parcel.
Same thing if it is a bulk lot of games, except i put it in a box, and depending where it is going i get a pre-paid satchel to put the box in to save a couple of $$ on postage.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

it really comes down to cost to post vs the amount of protection you apply. perhaps offer in your description a choice with postage, padded bag vs box.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

So is it best if I put some bubble wrap or paper inside the case so the disc doesn't come loose?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-02-SuperFlat-220x160x16mm-Large-Letter-Size-Mailing-Box-A5-Rigid-Enve...

Check out these mailing boxes ..... they offer a little more protection, and cost large letter price for mailing ....... Different sizes available.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Are those boxes more secure than a bubble mailer?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, I prefer them.  They are very stable, and fit through standard mail slot, you will have room for extra packing (bubble wrap) inside as well.  

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

It really depends on you for that one.
I use magic tape to secure the disc, then bubble wrap inside case.
Everyone has there own way of doing things
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply