Is there a problem with Aus post Sushine West ?

I am not a very big buyer, but this week I have had two items that have gone missing from AP- Sunshine west Depot. One went back to Hobart which was originally from Hobart and the other got to Sunshine west and is now going to SA, and I'm in Mordialloc, 24 km from Melb CBD.  

I am now worried about all the items I have posted with Aus post in the last two weeks!

Has anyone else had any issues?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Is there a problem with Aus post Sushine West ?

I had an order sit at Sunshine west for 13 days before Australia post would consider it lost even though it had been scanned multiple times while there, the seller sent me a new item by express post which i received within 2 days. A week and a half later and the lost order turns up in the mailbox, Australia post they are just so efficient.

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

Have the same problem with a package at the moment. Have a package sent from WA to my PO box here in Sydney.

Acording to the tracking it had no trouble getting to Chullora, NSW. This is where things went wrong. instead of being sent to my PO box in Sydney it took a detour to Granville NSW. Where It has for the past week been stuck i a loop being sent between Granville NSW and Sunshine VIC, where it  was last scanned for the 3rd time.

Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

I sent a parcel from Mildura to a little north of Sydney, went toi Sunshine, Chullora, Sunshine, Chullora, Sunshine and was delivered 3 weeks later after a 4500km journey...luckilly the lady I sent it too was underrsandiunbg. When she placed a complaint with Aussie Post the blaimed the sender...me...for not having the correct spacing between letters and address/postcode. The robots apprantly could not work out the postcode and yet it was delivered...Thats why Aussie Post's CEO is on the big bucks I guess...

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

@newoldoddstuff wrote:

I sent a parcel from Mildura to a little north of Sydney, went toi Sunshine, Chullora, Sunshine, Chullora, Sunshine and was delivered 3 weeks later after a 4500km journey...luckilly the lady I sent it too was underrsandiunbg. When she placed a complaint with Aussie Post the blaimed the sender...me...for not having the correct spacing between letters and address/postcode. The robots apprantly could not work out the postcode and yet it was delivered...Thats why Aussie Post's CEO is on the big bucks I guess...

the correct spacing between letters and address/postcode

Man Surprised

Now that deserves a /headdesk rather than a /facepalm! 

Egad!

And yes, Sunshine West & Chullora seem to be our local equivalent of The Black Hole Of Chicago lol

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

philoey
Community Member

YES THERE IS !!!  Total incompetence . Sunshine Vic and Churalla NSW are both the same. They are like a Black Hole in space. I read a review the other day for Australia Post on "productreview.com" ( check it out ) and a lady said her parcel arrived eventually but contained not her order but mail for her local neighbourhood !! 

I am currently waiting on a parcel ( in transit ??) from Sunshine  West VIC. It arrived in there at 3-46 pm on 14/8/17 . It's now the 21/8/17 and I still have not received it in W.A. . A 3 legged camel across the Nullabor would be faster. It's interesting to note that that parcel took 4 days to shipped from China to Mrelbourne VIC . Says something , does'nt it. A recently received parcel took 18 days to get from Mornington TAS ,through Sunshine West VIC to me in W.A. 

Australia Post staff don't give a damn about you are your parcel . There replies are insincere .When you contact them  , you are a nuisance. The only way something will be dome is to do what I have done. If everybody writes a letter to their local Federal M.P. then maybe these Politicians will get off their backsides and do something.

I also do not accept Australia Post's answer that parcels  "go missing " . Parcels don't go missing !! They have either been mis-directed ,sent back or stolen. 

Peed-off

W.A.

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

Yes same here. I sent a parcel from SW Victoria to QLD recently. It took 5 weeks to arrive! I also sent the buyer a replacement via Express Post which took 2.5 weeks to arrive. Due to AusPost, I lost out on that sale plus a replacement item.

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

kb4442
Community Member

I posted an article last Thursday from Victor Harbor, SA and it got to Sunshine West, Vic

next day.  It was still there following day, then it went on a two day holiday to Chullora NSW ???   What the heck is going on over there??? It is now a week and still not delivered to Ebay purchaser.  Disgraceful.

Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

I have had this happen to me too a few months ago. I'm in debt with PayPal thanks to that experience.

Is Express Post reliable these days? I'm wondering if I should just try that route from now on.

I hadn't sold anything on here for a long time, and one thing I noticed is that buyers are very impatient these days.

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

Buyers are very impatient now because ebay is encouraging it by giving the most unrealistic estimated delivery dates which buyers take as definite dates.

I would not use Express post....too many buyers expect Express to be delivered overnight which will not happen unless both of you are within the Express Zone.

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

Thank you for your response to my comment. A couple of sales have apparently been time-sensitive, which puzzles me. If someone needs something quickly they should be mentioning that to me before they even bid, or not bid at all. AP and Ebay certainly don't seem to be helping the situation either. 😞
Message 30 of 45
Latest reply