Is there a problem with Aus post Sushine West ?

I am not a very big buyer, but this week I have had two items that have gone missing from AP- Sunshine west Depot. One went back to Hobart which was originally from Hobart and the other got to Sunshine west and is now going to SA, and I'm in Mordialloc, 24 km from Melb CBD.  

I am now worried about all the items I have posted with Aus post in the last two weeks!

Has anyone else had any issues?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Sunshine West has developed a very nasty reputation for errors lately.

I believe they have invested millions in new sorting equipment which is just not working as expected.

It's been going on for quite a while now so goodness knows when (or if) it will be sorted out.

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

yeah, I had a parcel go around and around in there for 10 days. AP said they don't know how long it will take to exit the machine but eventually it will come out.

If the facitilty is sorting upto 200,000 parcels a day I wonder how many are stuck in a loop and are creating work and bonuses for AP management.

No doubt part of the 2 billion $ investment from a few years ago to make a bigger paper loss(qantas style)and force up prices and push change in regulation.

The software is obviously useless if it cannot eject a parcel it can not read for 10 days! I think they got the software from micosoft or ibm due to how good it is working.

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

Sunshine West, Chullora NSW and (I think) Underwood Qld all have a nasty reputation. It's not unusual for parcels to ping pong between Sunshine and Chullora multiple times before getting to where they are supposed to go.

I'm in NSW and was expecting a parcel from Vic. It arrived today, 3 days after the last estimate, after taking a trip to *Underwood) Qld on its way.

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

Same here, I've had parcels sitting in Sunshine for a week, despite them going metro to metro Vic, had another go from Sunshine to NSW when it was also only going to metro Vic (where I post from). Then last week lodged a parcel Sunday, got to Chullora NSW Tues so only 2 days later, thought wow that was quick, 😬, it then passed through Chullora Sorting Facility 3 times and was delivered yesterday, oh and this parcel was going to ........Chullora!

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

I've not had any problems with underwood Tippy, in fact they have come out of there very quickly
Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

I only mentioned Underwood because I'm sure someone said a while ago that it could have issues as well. It certainly doesn't get mentioned as much as NSW and Vic! My parcel was in Underwood for 2 days before heading back south again. I hope the weather was nice for its unplanned Qld holiday!

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

Yes, the logistics staff there need a lesson in Australian geography.  The routes they send our parcels off on are more complicated than a fair isle knitting pattern.  Chullora in Sydney isn't a whole lot better.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

aaa.JPG

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I only mentioned Underwood because I'm sure someone said a while ago that it could have issues as well. It certainly doesn't get mentioned as much as NSW and Vic! My parcel was in Underwood for 2 days before heading back south again. I hope the weather was nice for its unplanned Qld holiday!

Yeah I do vaguely remember that. 

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply