Is there any way around the 21 Day hold? Different payment methods etc.

I haven't sold on ebay ever since this absolutely horrifying system was put in. It is by far the worst decision ebay has ever made. It is scaring sellers off like crazy such as myself, and it makes for an easy way to get free items if you are a buyer.

As the title says, Is there any way to circumvent this problem? I have only sold around 12 or so very high valued items (Laptops etc.) items on ebay with no troubles. I have gotten positive feedbacks and whatnot with zero negatives or neutrals. Seller stats are above average too. I was considering using bank deposit/direct deposit as a payment method, or cash on delivery/pickup. Is BD/DD affected by the 21 day hold? If that's the case, I won't be selling on here ever again as the only option I would ever be able to use is cash on delivery/pickup.

I did sell when the 21 day hold was in place, but it was only one item. I was shocked to see that my fund were being held. Buyer received it, he was happy and left a positive straight away. Tracking number confirmed that the item was delivered, and guess what? I still had to wait the grueling 21 days! I even phoned them, and nothing. 21 days still!

Of course, this was back in November last year when this terrible policy first came into place.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Is there any way around the 21 Day hold? Different payment methods etc.

It's an exploitable system at best, and can be used as a form of cybercrime.

I just wish I knew how to get past it. Some sellers have been saying if you sold 25 items with no problems in one month it would disappear. This gives me an idea. Say if I bought a roll of Nvidia stickers, and sold them for $1.00 each with free postage. 25 buyers receive them, and all of them are satisfied.. Hmm... Perhaps this method could be used to circumvent it.

I will give it a shot sometime in the future and I'll report back. I badly want to sell again, but I cannot risk buy and swap/chargeback/SNAD scammers stealing my things.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I feel for you, buddy. This **** is outrageous, and is illegal.

Once again, I'll be blaming it on that sack of flaming **bleep**, Abbott. Gosh, he's the worst thing to ever happen to this country.
Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

You have been told many, many times how to work around the 21 day hold.    If you are not prepared to take the time to read and act on the advice then you only have yourself to blame if your money is held.

And please explain how the Prime Minister of Australia is to blame for the policies and actions of two American companies.

If you want to bring politics into a discussion I suggest you go to the Community Spirit board where they will be happy to debate with you.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Oh, lyndal. All you do is shove your nose into other peoples business being the big special snowflake you are.

Ebay isn't the place for snowflaking. I suggest you return to Tumblr.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

Oh, lyndal. All you do is shove your nose into other peoples business being the big special snowflake you are.

Ebay isn't the place for snowflaking. I suggest you return to Tumblr.

Hey, send_me,  l would like to send _you some words of advice, you came here asking for help and assistance.  Having a parting shot at the boarder lyndal1838* is not enduring others to assist you.  "Snowflakes & snowflaking, and noses" has NOTHING to do or about, your request for help.  Do you "really" want advice ? or are you just "gunning" for lyndal1838* ??

You have been given your help and assistance, if you will not accept it, or cannot handle it, then maybe it is your time to move on, not lyndal1838* time.  That person gave you of her time & knowledge, to help you.  Sadly by you, not appreciated.

Maybe you could return to .....???????   We all have seen posters like you come & go, ....more GO !!!!!!!

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated.  Please be sure to keep your communications civil.  Thanks!

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I'm here forever bae :3

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

I wouldn't be putting too much money on that assertion if I were you... Smiley Indifferent
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply