Is this a sign that unlimited free listings are going to end under managed payments?

pnc75
Community Member

screenshot-www.ebay.com.au-2021.07.08-11_37_51.png

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this a sign that unlimited free listings are going to end under managed payments?

Possibly, but hopefully not.

Or it may just be a (rather late) replacement for the old counter.

It's not on our store account (which still has the old counter doing nothing but taking up space), but is on our non-store accounts from which the counter had disappeared.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: Is this a sign that unlimited free listings are going to end under managed payments?

I don't have a store but am on Managed Payments and I have something like 250,000 free listings! My Counter just keeps re setting.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It was a given that once the whole world has been pushed onto mangled payments that eBay would go back to charging insertion fees. Fees are too much of a cash cow for eBay to simply give up on, especially in Australia where insertion fees are three to four times the price of American listings (not to mention ten less freebies as well). Gotta subsidise those poor starving dehydrated bytes travelling all the way to Alice Springs or the Pilbara. With any luck though, the unlimited freebies will just restart on the 1st of August and expire on the 1st of September coinciding with another set of unlimited freebies starting etc.

I still think the best thing that happened to me was eBay giving me the old MC045 for not spending hundreds on smartphone (to satisfy the banks which don't let you use a desktop PC to sign up to online banking) in order to make $30 or so (not counting fees/losses/refunds etc.) a month in sales or 13 items, whichever comes first, and waiting up to a week for $1.86 or so to go into my bank after a $2 item sells.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

What does it say when you click the "learn more" link? It may not be very informative (given it's eBay) but it stands a better chance of explaining what the promotion is and whether it's perpetul than anything forum members can speculate (unless they also have this promo and learn more link to click - I don't ๐Ÿคฃ ).

Free listings are always on a cycle, though, no matter how many are available. I wouldn't assume this is a sign the quantity of free listings will end entirely, especially as MP's allocation is not "unlimited". It's 250k per month, meaning that if you use 100 of the 250k, they expire at the end of the month and don't rollover to give you  499,900 the next month. Many sellers wouldn't get close to even 250k over the lifetime of using eBay, many other sellers would if it was cumulative, so the offers expire.

There's no point comparing US fee structures to Australia's and bemoaning what they get that we don't. They did not get 250k free listings, BTW, for being on MP, they got 10k, in selected categories only, and just a few hundred in all categories. They have to pay if they want gallery plus, to schedule listings, pay extra for being visible on international sites (none of which we have to do), and it's as much as $6 (USD) p/m for a subtitle on an item over $150. The non-store holders do have 200 free listings per month, though, up from the old 50. 

Not sure about using online banking on a phone... or rather, not being able to without one - never heard that before. All of my current accounts were created  online before I ever had a smartphone. I have one now, and apps for both banks I hold accounts with on that phone, but I can still log into all of my accounts on my PC and do all the stuff I can do on my phone through the app ๐Ÿค”

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

What does it say when you click the "learn more" link? It may not be very informative (given it's eBay) but it stands a better chance of explaining what the promotion is and whether it's perpetul than anything forum members can speculate (unless they also have this promo and learn more link to click - I don't ๐Ÿคฃ ).

It just takes you to the fee page

Selling fees for managed payments sellers without an eBay Store | eBay

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Managed Payment, non store seller here.

Received same promo linking to the same fee info page.

Treating this offer as a reminder that the selling environment / rules often change.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

It just takes you to the fee page

Selling fees for managed payments sellers without an eBay Store | eBay

Cheers, that at least implies it's not a limited promotion, but standard (limited promotions tend to link to their own, unique T&C pages). 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply