It is funny and stupid, Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please updat

lamul_8933
Community Member

Hi, I am new Ebayer. I got this just after very 1st order

Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by 05 Oct, 2021 to avoid further restrictions

How stupid Ebay are?

I can understand why Ebay want to verify, but can you do it before selling or do it after I received some money?

BUT NO, Ebay do it at very 1st order! This is awful feeling.

OK, then, I refunded to buyer, I don't want to sell at Ebay anymore.

Stupid Ebay! Do you have brains with you guys?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: It is funny and stupid, Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please u

What I find quite funny is that you refunded the buyer while eBay's holding your money until you verify your account (which they are obligated to do by government regulations).

That looks to me very much like a lose lose situation.......................

BTW. eBay do not read or respond here, we are just members like yourself.

I must now go and clean my keyboard.................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: It is funny and stupid, Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please u

How very ironic 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

..........and I thought Thursday was "take the mickey day" Sandy........................

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Well, I thought you might have missed a spot of your keyboard so another wipe over could'nt hurt  😋

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just not feel good and safe, I am OK with it if Ebay do it before selling

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Well, I thought you might have missed a spot of your keyboard so another wipe over could'nt hurt  😋

No need now Sandy.

internet01.gif

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@lamul_8933 wrote:

Just not feel good and safe, I am OK with it if Ebay do it before selling

What's the difference ?  You'll have to do it sooner or later if the money's still on hold with eBay, if you want to access that money.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

yes I agree some users of eBay are funny or stupid or both really.   You have the option of providing updated info when you sign up.  Stupidly some people wait until they sell something.

You could have still posted the item.   You would have  just had to wait till you get verified,  which doesnt take long, before the funds are available.   Then there is the 30 day hold for new sellers.  but again eBay do warn you about that.

Sorry to see you go after such a short stay.  It was fun.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

yes I agree some users of eBay are funny or stupid or both really.   You have the option of providing updated info when you sign up.  Stupidly some people wait until they sell something.

Theoretically that's correct, but it doesn't always work that way.

On a couple of our non-store account, we signed up and provided bank details when requested, and we received confirmation that we had signed up.

However, when we made the first sale after signing up (on both of those accounts), we received a message telling us that our payments were on hold until we confirmed our bank details.

We chose to go with the micro-deposits, and everything was sorted out within a day or so.

So, although I think the OP has definitely over-reacted, they may have signed up when requested, and thought everything was OK, but were then asked for extra verification after their first sale.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply