It is worth trying to get this feedback removed/revised?

Had a buyer who kept making offers below what I was willing to accept on an item. It became annoying, so I changed the listing to a Buy-It-Now. He bought it 10 mins later and has just finished leaving negative feedback.

Comment: Has best offer in listing & then declines offer or ignores it until you pay full

Is it worth trying to get this comment removed? Or revised?

Should I reply and say something to the effect of "Item perfectly as described and arrived in good time"?

Yes, I have already added him to my Blocked list.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: It is worth trying to get this feedback removed/revised?

I would request removal on the grounds that best offer was not offered on the listing at the time of purchase.

Even if it was, you're under no obligation to accept a lower offer, and they were under no obligation to buy at all.

Ridiculous neg. I hope it gets removed. >_>
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks, digital ghost. That's a good point about Best Offer not being available for the actual item when they bought it.

This seems to be the page that I will need to refer to if I want to use the Call Back option:

https://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/contact-customer-support.html

For those who have used the Call Back option, what are the time frames usually like?

I am employed on a casual basis, so if I'm not working tomorrow, I'll have all the time in the world. If I get a job though, I might not be able to ask for a Call Back until after work (which might be as late as 6:00pm EST).

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

I've requested a callback several times now and each time the phone rings pretty much straight away, but they put you on hold for s bit as well. I've waited anywhere from 2 - 10 minutes, so it's relatively quick (they'll probably make a liar of me now Smiley LOL ).
Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

As Digi mentioned,(no offer in the listing that they bought from so it's not relevant to that listing).

From their buyer feedback policy with the relevant bit highlighted,(you haven't put in a feedback request but

they should remove it on that basis):

Make sure your comments are fair, factual and relate to the order that prompted the Feedback request.

Keep in mind that we don't allow abusive or profane language.

See our Member-to-member contact policy for details.

Also it might be an idea to not use this in any listing

: Positive feedback will be left once positive feedback is received.

It can be regarded as feedback extortion and it's pointless as you can only leave a buyer positive feedback.

If I see that or similar in a listing,I generally hit the back button.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

I think justajunk should be able to get the FB removed on what others have highlighted, the fact that the FB does not relate to the actual order at all.

If the item did not have make an offer available, then the buyer should not be commenting on past experiences with a different ad.

Or that is how I would read it if i were an ebay rep.

The fact that the earlier ads were for the same product is not relevant as sellers are not obliged to accept offers and prices are allowed to vary from ad to ad.

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Feedback extortion?

The only reason I have the 'when positive feedback is received' line in my ads is because in the past I have had buyers complain about me not leaving feedback as soon as they have paid. Robot Indifferent

I will attempt the Call Back process in a few minutes time. The big question will be whether it is worth getting the comment removed if eBay remove only the comment and not the rating...

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

If they remove the feedback they also remove the Star ratings.

If you ever do a revised feedback you will find that they just send you a clear feedback form and you redo it as if the first one did not exist.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

Nah, useless. Smiley Sad

According to the eBay rep, the fact that I changed it from a Best Offer to a Buy-It-Now makes no difference. The item has the same iten number and therefore the feedback comment is (according to them) factual and related to the sale.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Too late now since you've left follow-up feedback, but I would have got them to call me back again and hope to get a more sympathetic CS supervisor, often that will work as things like your problem aren't cut and dried.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

I wish you had included his ID in the follow up comment, like this:

<buyer ID> Item as desc and arrived promptly. Don't buy if you don't like the price.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply