Item Not Received request for an item they returned

We received an item today returned in an envelope with no communication at all.

The envelope has a personalised return address sticker on the back with the buyers name & address.

We then tonight received an "Item Not Received Request" for it and that they want a refund.

It is an old 1936 PMG Pay scale letter & graph which I assume they photocopied and then returned.

How can they be stupid enough to claim it was not received after sending it back with their own sticker and postmarked from their suburb.

Another defect from Ebay for this idiotic system.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Item Not Received request for an item they returned

I think the difference between offering returns and not, is if you do accept returns, you are happy to accept a change of mind return. In which case, the buyer should pay the return postage. I believe that by saying you don't accept returns means you don't accept change of mind (but the law says you have to accept a return for faulty or not as described).

I accept change of mind returns, because I would rather have the item back than get my feedback and stars trashed. Trouble is, buyers will still claim there is something wrong with it so they don't have to pay return postage.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

By opening an INR case there is no way of holding the original postage cost as well. You could include a restocking fee in your terms but even that is not implemented with ebay. I had someone wanting to return something (not a problem) and could elect not to refund the original postage cost but there was no functionality to hold back a restocking fee, even though ebay specifically state that it is OK to do so, yet near impossible to do.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

The buyer today closed the Not Received Dispute and then opened a 'Return Request' instead.

His reason was that the item is no longer needed.

I refunded the purchase price as required.

He has now left a Negative Feedback because I was abusive and only did a partial refund (refund was $14.99 purchase price).

I have contacted Ebay to see if they will remove it as he threatened a Neg in the messages and has made a false claim of partial refund.

Not holding my breath.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I think it would be worth trying to get it removed. After all, as you said, they did threaten it in an email (which eBay can read). if eBay point blank refuse after multiple tries, leave a factual reply and put their username in the reply.

Congrats on your 21,000 feedback score!

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I think it would be worth trying to get it removed. After all, as you said, they did threaten it in an email (which eBay can read). if eBay point blank refuse after multiple tries, leave a factual reply and put their username in the reply.

Congrats on your 21,000 feedback score!

My abuse was to let him know we don't provide a service to photocopy the item & then return it.

Thanks for the congrats.

I don't really notice the number much anymore.  It's just those red dots that get my attention.

I also have over 12000 on my other id so when I think how many items I have packed over the years.

No wonder I hate wrapping presents for birthdays & Christmas.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Solid numbers, nevertheless. I can't concieve ever getting to those levels, so well done from me, too.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

in future, the returned item got lost in the mail .............

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Good news the negative has been removed.

The supervisor I spoke to was very good.

I'm not prepared to go into any specifics as I need to brush up on the Discussion Board Usage Policy.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Discussion board usage policy.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply