Item Variations

If I have an item listed that has say 4 variations, does each variation count as 4 listings or just the 1 ?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item Variations

It would be one listing, but in case it's relevant, the items are counted individually (eg if you have a listing limit, a variation listing takes one off the total allowed. If you have an item count limit, then each item available counts - so, a variation listing with 4 different items available, and 10 units per variation, would be 1 listing, but 40 items). 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

As an example.

You are showing as having 712 items.

But if 10 listings have variations of 10 each which would equal 100 then you have 622 listings but 712 items.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It would be one listing, but in case it's relevant, the items are counted individually (eg if you have a listing limit, a variation listing takes one off the total allowed. If you have an item count limit, then each item available counts - so, a variation listing with 4 different items available, and 10 units per variation, would be 1 listing, but 40 items). 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

As an example.

You are showing as having 712 items.

But if 10 listings have variations of 10 each which would equal 100 then you have 622 listings but 712 items.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks to you both.

The question was regarding a costing of Basic Store (600 free listings) vs Featured Store (1500 free listings).

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Would have been handy to know that at the start.

When we all go onto MP, Basic stores will be the go, given MP sellers seem to get 250k listings.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

When we all go onto MP, Basic stores will be the go, given MP sellers seem to get 250k listings.

That will depend a bit on monthly turnover, as there is a 0.7 - 1.2% difference between the fees for basic and featured stores, depending on the categories (in a nutshell, if you consistently sell over $3k per month, a featured store will be more cost effective overall for any category except tech goods over $250 (you'd need a monthly turnover of $4200+ for featured to be cheaper on those, if that was all you sold). If you fluctuate a basic store is probably the safest bet, as even on $5k sales the overall cost of fees plus store fee is only going to see around a $20 difference, not including GST, which will skew the calculations a little further between basic / featured and registered / non-registered sellers - i.e. fees on $3k sales for a non GST-registered seller in a tier 4 category will be $357 + $35.70 GST, with a featured store for the same seller it would be $321 + $32.10 GST). 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I sell books and have never turned over $3k+ per month, even at the COVID height.

I have done the numbers, and when I get opted into MP, I will be dropping back to a Basic store at the first chance.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I sell books and have never turned over $3k+ per month, even at the COVID height.

I'm aware, it was just irrelevant in context - I posted because you said "when we all" not "when I", and so wanted to mention there are some sellers who will be better off with a featured store, still. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I had forgotten that I had read about the 250k......must be the colour of my hair.

We are now on MP since early October, which has run smoothly from the beginning, with 1 store Basic & the other Featured. 

Our Featured store has slowed up over a period, so looks like we will change it to Basic.  As a comparison our own website sells much more with exactly the same product.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply