Item location misrepresentation

This has been happening for years.

I started reporting them (Chinese), the more people report the soonier they might do something about it.

KLM Search is useless because they are say they are in Sydney, Darwin, Melbourne and I even seen one the other day at Broome.

Look at the item, Half way down the listing, Right Hand Side there is a Report Button, (Under Ad)  Click it and  Report Category : Listing Practices, Then Reason for report: Other Listing Practises, Then Detailed Listing: Item location misrepresentation.

The More People that do it the better chance something will get done.

If you message ebay they will say that they are warehousing in these cities (Which most are Not) Some are if they have Woolworths pickup but 99% are in Hong Kong and China.

Not only does it have an effect on our business but buyers are getting ........ (Not Happy)

Not only is it coming from overseas but ebay give them up to 30 days or more to deliver the item and what do they give us before we get a defect...

The other issue is Drop downs, when you search an item and it comes up for $1 when infact the battery that runs it is $1 but the item in the search is actually $10... Thus they get first up on the search by price.

If saying you are in Australia (Seller) then you should be liable for all the Consumer laws and paying GST as we are.

Chinese sellers get away with Blue Murder with 20 user names selling the same thing for 1c difference.

If ebay checked they would see that the payment goes back to the same Paypal Account, all they would need to do is cross reference the paypal account to stop it.

And yes my sales have also fallen off a cliff in the past 2 Weeks from 20-30 a day to 1 or 2 sales a day

Ok I have had my 2c Worth

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

i think ebay is very well aware of the item not comming from the location shown in the listing problem for a very very very long time, mabe longer.

ebay has made no effort to fix this

therefore i think complaining about it is a waste of effort

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's already been pointed out that you have to report to ebay

in the country of the seller.

Good luck with that one

Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Have something in big bold letters in your listings like - 

Many sellers showing Darwin, Broome and even Melbourne n Sydney are in fact in China.

We are 100 % in Australia and guarantee delivery within AP time frames.

Buying from us means GST is paid to Australia, not when you buy from Chinese accounts claiming to be in Australia.

Just a suggestion but something along those lines.

The more buyers become aware, the better down the track.

I may even put something similar in my listings even though it's not relevant to my sales just to get the word out.

image host
Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Kopes,  OP has a store door, yet no listings and private fb

Go figure

But I'm sure they appreciate all the time and effort you put into that reply for them  toothless.gif

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

🙂

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

No point reporting them to ebay.AU as they are registered on ebay.CN.

ebay.AU have no punitive jurisdiction over CN registered sellers. This is their own international internal policy.

All they will might do is pass on your report to ebay.CN who will do nothing about it.

This is exactly why they get away with blue murder.

So you are wasting mouse clicks even reporting them really.

Better off to register your own account in CN and then sell on here in the usual way maybe.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

So like how would you differentiate he is an Australian or Chinese one?
Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

I've been accused of being a Chinese seller as well because the lady In Queensland thought she was quite smart that 1 day late must mean I am an overseas seller. Clearly just ignored the postage stamp I used to send which should tell you that it was within Australia. Upon messaging her and receiving racist abuse (from a message explaining that I am within Australia without any provokes), she goes on to make more assumptions and then gets more angry about it like they were true.

But man I really hate people who make assumptions and then use them as facts against me. Those scarecrow arguments are just so dumb
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

I agree, annoying.

As a buyer I will often pay a little more for an item in Australia as opposed to one in China so I wouldn't appreciate being hoodwinked.

Mind you, I have bought things from China but that isn't the point. Honesty is.

There is sometimes another problem with item location though I don't think it is on purpose.

It's when you are looking for an item that is pick up only and maybe you see a few, read the ads, then see one that looks a good price and is close by, according to the location listed.

But then in the ad somewhere, quite often not in big print and not at the start either, will be a line to say the item is located in... some place that may be an hour or so away from the listed location.

Where the seller's listed location and the location of the item are very different, that needs to be in the title or heading or at the start of the ad in big print.

Or seller's who list a postage price but then in the text write pick up only.

It can be confusing for a buyer. I know it isn't done on purpose but it would be good if sellers carefully proof read their ads.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply