Item not received dispute

Hi guys, just wondering where I stand with this.

I posted an item to a buyer in Canada on April 26. He has today lodged an item not received dispute and asked for a refund. The item was $199 Australian plus postage.
Postage to Canada is very expensive so I sent it economy mail. There is an article ID but it's not really a tracking number as far as I know. Tracking and registered was going to cost nearly $100, far more than he paid.
Aussie Post said it would only take a week or so to arrive. I've asked him to wait one more week, which will take it out to 4 weeks since I posted it.

Any idea of where I stand on this?

I've been selling on ebay for over 10 years and have more than 500 positive feedbacks.

I'm really annoyed by this.

PayPal have also put my account into the negative as they await an outcome.

Scott

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Item not received dispute

Not French Canadians eezi.

My parents in law were English born then went to Winnipeg, Manitoba where their children were born...spent many years working in the USA.

Their eldest son went to live in Seattle WA in the mid 50s, married an American and all his children were there (and still live there)

My OH came to Australia in the early 70s and has been here ever since apart from a few short trips to Seattle to see family.

My OH speaks worse French than I do and I only know high school French from 60 odd years ago.Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Shipping to Canada is a total hassle, to the extent that when I received advice of a sale and saw a Canadian address I thought "here we go again"  - over half of our sales to Canada raised non receipt filings.

A couple of weeks ago I decided the hassle was not worth the effort and now we have blocked sales to Canada.  The only other country we block sales to is Brazil - that should say it all!!

One (very understanding) buyer said it had recently taken 4 months to get an item delivered from China.

Seems the problem is an over-zealous Dept. of Custom in Canada.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

I hear you. I have encountered problems with getting items here from Canada and the exorbitant postage costs, now it seems it is just as bad selling to Canada.
The general consensus seems to be that it is not worth it, and I tend to agree.
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I had a Canadian buyer buy something on the Thursday night prior to Good Friday.

On Easter Monday was demanding to know where the item was.  They hadn't received it.

It was the last straw.    Canada is waaaay too much trouble.

Too many refunds.  No-one ever repays when they get it.      Won't post there now.

Who says they're polite?

Many apologies Lyndal.

Smiley Surprised

I know it isn't actually funny, but it made me laugh.

That person must be the living embodiment of an optimist.Smiley Very Happy

The item was probably still sitting in your local post office, not likely to see any action for days.

I realise that they don't have the good Friday holiday over there, but all the same. 3 days for an international package to arrive?

As many loonies in Canada as here, by the sounds of it. (and I think I have some Canadian heritage too)

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

One point to make and that is that Canada does have good friday and easter

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I sell a few items regularily to the US and CANADA . I also have to use the economy airmail that is not trackable. Normally I have no problems but I have had so many item not received disputes recently (from things posted in April) Seems to me there is delays of 2 weeks or more into the USA and Canada.

I always lodge missing item enquires with Aus post when disputes are open. It shows you are trying.

But I sure hope mail speed improves becasue buyers get estimates of delivery and are rather encouraged to open disputes by ebay of course. I have hundreds of dollars now frozen in paypal... 

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@shape000 wrote:
Yes, it's a scale model Camaro.

The buyer has 100pc positive feedback so I would hope that if it turned up after I was forced to make a refund that he would repay the refund.

He says he's willing to wait another week, so I sure hope it turns up within that time.

He told me he bought another model from an Australian website and got it really quickly, hence I guess why he's being a little hasty, in my opinion.

Um, all buyers have 100% positive feedback as it's not possible to leave negative feedback for a

buyer-just saying Cat Frustrated

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply