Item not shown on ebay.com

pubuus9
Community Member

I have listed my item on ebay.au but it's not visible on ebay.com. What's the issue here? I'm new to ebay and this is my first listing.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@pubuus9 wrote:

I'm new to ebay and this is my first listing.

This is actually the primary issue. In order for your items to be visible internationally, there are minimum selling requirements you have to meet. The main ones are at least 10 feedback for selling, and your first successful sale must be at least 90 days old. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

You have a greeting card listed on eBay .com but it is free post within Australia from Thornleigh NSW

you have a different greeting card & an Elephant located in Sri Lanka on eBay Aus.

I don't know what you are trying to do but your U.S listing needs fixing at least

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Also i don't know the stats on 3 day sales or if you intended to list for 3 days.

As a new seller,you might have 10 listings per month to build up fb before getting the selling limit raised.Well unless you have another seller account to link it to that has a more workable selling limit.My point being that if it doesn't sell,you may be wasting your precious few listings by not giving an item a decent time to get views/bids/sales.7-10 days is probably better but that's JMO,it's your listing.

The U.S listed card is very pretty.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

That card IS very pretty, I agree! It's just a shame that if it sells to the current bidder for 99c, the buyer is going to lose money on it. By the time they post it (70c) and eBay take their cut, and PayPal take their cut, the seller will be out of pocket for the sale ๐Ÿ˜ž

Do you make the cards yourself OP?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

There's no feedback requirement on the AU site to sell  internationally.

There used to be a feedback requirement of 5 to list  internationally as a  Buy It Now or with a Buy It Now option but even that's no longer applicable.

Any message about feedback requirement that a new seller  may see when listing is a glitch, a message taken  from the US rules:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Where are you located  - Colombo Sri Lanka or Thornleigh NSW Australia? As one listing says Australia (card on au site) and the other says Sri Lanka (elephant on au site)

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@silversterio2 wrote:

There's no feedback requirement on the AU site to sell  internationally.

There used to be a feedback requirement of 5 to list  internationally as a  Buy It Now or with a Buy It Now option but even that's no longer applicable.

Any message about feedback requirement that a new seller  may see when listing is a glitch, a message taken  from the US rules:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html

There have been quite a few sellers who have not met the requirements I've mentioned above who have come to the boards because they have not been able to find their items via a search of eBay.com or eBay UK when their items have been listed on eBay Australia - they have all been able to tick "worldwide" or select to sell to these locations without meeting restrictions, but their items were not searchable on the other sites. They only way they could be found at all was with an item number search, which wouldn't get their items seen by the general buying community. 

If it's a glitch, it's widespread. (Unsurprising if it is a glitch, but at the same time, if you have to meet the requirements of the other site, and the other site has these requirements in place, it may be that they're being applied to listings from international sites as well as to local sellers wishing to list internationally). 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I am having this problem too!

I put a watch up for sale (worldwide). And everything was fine as I had intrest from an overseas buyer. However they wanted me to put more photos of the watch up. For some strange reason it wasnt letting me upload more pics so I decided to take the item down (as it had only been up for half a day with no bids yet) and relist it this time with more pics. So I let the buyer know that I have relisted the item this time with more pics.

Buyer hits me back saying they cant find the relisted item and can they get a link. So I look on ebay.com and sure enough its nowhere to be seen however it is clearly visable on ebay.com.au 

I am now very concerned  that I wont get the price I should for my watch as only australians seem to be able to view it, hence less bidding to drive up the price

Please can somebody help with this dilemma.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Send your buyer the new item number for the watch. If that doesn't work, tell them to log into eBay AU and insert the item number. They can search for item numbers using the advanced search option next to the big search box.

The item number can be found in either the address bar, or part way down your listing on the very right (under where your details are and above the description).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply