Item sent but tracking etc not showing up

Hi

I sent off an item via the ebay/Aust Post system and posted it through the red box in front of the PO and all the tracking shows it that the label has been initated etc but nothing else and the item was sent off more than a week ago so it should have gone through some Aust Post centres etc, has this happened to anyone else??  I know Aust Post says it can experiences delays in tracking but a week?  TIA

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I get that with Aus Post where if I post the package at the street side mail box the tracking isn't updated, basically they don't scan the package. So I only lodge at an Aus Post outlet where they scan the package and I get a receipt, and then I get the tracking details.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

that's pretty normal. I wouldn't worry just yet.

How far was it going?
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

This is normal when posted in the red box,sometimes just shows in transit then delivered. I posted an item to Sydney last week which is 2 hours away and it went to Sydney then back to Newcastle then Victoria back to Newcastle to Qld and then back to Sydney took 2 weeks.I rang AusPost and was told that 2 weeks was the normal timeframe,I could have walked there and delivered it myself faster. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

This is exactly what happens when you drop tracked parcels into a red street box. The problem with doing this is that you have no proof that you actually mailedthe ppackage at all. If it is lost and never gets delivered there is no tracking information to rely on. Ifyour buyer opens an item not rreceived case against you then you will very likely lose the case because you cannot prove you mailed it. This is why you always must lodge over the counter and have it scanned and get the lodgement receipt. Then you have 100% proof of postage in cases like this.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Sometimes it's just not possible to lodge at the PO. If the item is 3 days past the estimated delivery date then you can lodge an investigation with AP stating which box you dropped it into. When you get an investigation number let the buyer know what's happening and that you are being proactive about it.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I nearly always post in red box on my way to work and it does show that it has been posted comes up as received at mail centre then in transit then delivered,it doesn't give a blow by blow description but does say it has been received at mail centre and that is proof they have it.Sometimes its not possible to get to PO if you work 9-5.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

When we first started using C&S satchels we were dropping them into the local red box.

The only tracking event we ever saw was the one that said it was delivered. Oh and the one that said we initiated the label.

Fortunately none ever got lost so we never had a problem. Never had to prove lodgement.

We have learned now tho that if you do that and they fail to scan it in at a receiving depot then you will not have any proof you sent it should it never get delivered. ie lost!

So Jimmy your local SDS must be on the ball where ours was not.

The only way to be sure is to lodge over the counter and get that scan receipt.

That receipt is your seller protection in the event of a totally lost package.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Because business is really picking up, and I also work a part time job, I go directly to the delivery centre at night where they sort the mail, and same problem, the tracking info says "information received " but nothing further. I agree with the person above, it will track if you hand it in to the staff in the post office during business hours, otherwise, no, you won't see any tracking info.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for your imput everyone, much appreciated

For now on I will do over the counter, lesson learnt, but I have posted off 100's of items through the PO box and have never had a problem previously so I really don't know why this is the case all of a sudden.

The strange thing is I posted off 5 parcels that day 3 are tracking etc and the other two are not, maybe they missed scanning these or I am wondering if maybe I have forgotten to sign the printout etc on those two??? and that may be why there is no tracking etc

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply