Item specifics

Hi are there  any sellers having problems trying to update all the new item specifics

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Item specifics

what problems are you having?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Oh Yes!

Many of the specifics that are shown don't work for our categories, so is a bit hit-and-miss, and of course there is the actual work involved to change all our listings. Often seems like two steps forward and one back. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Are you kidding? What problems are you not having should be the question.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Except the problems happening since the past few days were not the problems that were happened back in Feb when that was posted , so it was a valid question when it was asked 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Yes my problem with item specifics is that for 10 years or so I have had certain items listed with variations & one of the variations was material.  Now I can't update quantities available unless I end the item & list again from scratch as I receive the following message.   There is nowhere to delete this variation.

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.   Material is not allowed as a variation specific"

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

yes having huge problems items not saving and it is so time consuming ... dumb specifics like requiring an ALBUM title for a 7'' Single Record usually 2 songs NOT an ALBUM but required... i have contacted ebay and they dont seem to care just blindsiding me with generic answers.. one of the questions i asked was if a record is still sealed from the 70s before Barcodes is that regarded as USED because there was no barcodes in those times but the record is still sealed so presume its still new and requires the barcode ... no answer... i have over 800+ items to edit... it seems to be a waste of time ebay says it will create more sales..all this after all the postage charges had to be changed on all the items...  keep it simple ..i wish someone from ebay would address my concerns ... i have been selling on here for 20+ years and in the music industry for 35+ years and what they are asking most record collectors that buy on here dont care about bar codes etc or  if its  a holiday lp its a joke

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Yes having big problems, fed up with eBay changing things and wasting my time.  It worked very well before but not now.  Issues with postage rates not loading, not being able to report an u paid item, not being able to resend an invoice.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Having problems with stupid item specifics.  I’m selling bath towels they want to know the character of the items?????? Andrea, Angel, Astro Boy, they are bath towels for god sake!  Selling shoes they want to know the US, UK, Euro size….I don’t know, the item only has our sizing stamped on the bottom.   Some items on the drop down list is just ridiculous. Character, what is Andrea?  I have no idea.  I check the box that says don’t show this again…..as soon as the item resists the item specifics reappear!   The scary thing is ebay these specifics will soon be compulsory.   eBay have lost the plot.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply