Item taken down due to infringement problem! Help!!!

Please help me  My authentic item was taken down due to infrindgment issue. I have been selling pre loved designer items for years and this is the very first time this has happened to me. I was selling my authentic Louis Vuitton bag charm which I only purchased last year. The listing even had a picture of the date code (which is an authencity number) and the receipt!!! 

This is the message I received….

"After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

The listing that was removed appeared to violate eBay policy or a rights owner's trademark. Please remember that you are responsible for the quality and authenticity of the products that you offer on eBay. It is against eBay policy to list any counterfeit items. 

For more information please see our Replica, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/polici...unterfeit.html 

There are multiple concerning factors on the item you are selling. To help us protect your status as a seller on our site, you may consider the following improvements for your listing: - Make sure your item is in the right category. - Building a positive selling history will increase buyer trust in your listings. - If your item has a serial number, authenticity card, or other indicator of legitimacy, we recommend that you include this information and a clear copy of it in your listing, too. -You may have the item authenticated and provide a clear scan of the Certificate of Authenticity in your listing. Or you may provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the item. All fees associated with this listing will be credited accordingly.

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts.
http://ocsnext.eBay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1337&domain=email1418"

I don't know what to do. Has anybody every had this happen to them before? Funny enough, my other authentic Louis Vuitton items are still currently active. Why would they take down one item but not the others? I rely a lot on eBay to list my designer items and now I think my selling credibility may now be jeopardised. Please help!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Item taken down due to infringement problem! Help!!!

Replica / copy = counterfeit. Illegal to import, buy, sell, or even own (in Australia at least).
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
How can they dictate what can be sold secondhand just because its a brand name?

You can sell it, they just don't want you using their copyrighted brand name to sell it. They own the name, they don't want others to use it.

It is a way to keep the exclusivity of their product.

They only want authorixed resellers to sell their product so that when people buy their products they know they are getting the real deal. It's all about buyer confidence.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

It would seem what 'appeared' to violate policy was the nature of the item.

It is a 'knockoff' - meaning the rightful owner of the name & design is being ripped off.

Just as DVD copying ( which of course none of us do ) is considered 'piracy'.

Can't be the word 'replica' - look at listings with REPLICA FIGURES, FAUX PEARLS, REPLICA CARS etc.etc.

Not to forget the listings of REAL IVORY being sold as FAUX (IMITATION) - not difficult to pick - the price is a dead giveaway.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I got hammered on 1 item 5 times. Constantly delisted for category and a couple of other things. Just keep replying back to Ebay. I found I was target by another person who just kept reporting. Maybe its wasnt now I read this but Ebay themselves doing something or testing a new system?! 

All my other ones were fine. In the end the 5th delisting of the same item was advised it should belong back in a particular category (It was in fact the same category it was first delisted from !) Talk about frustration. I started a thread like you.

Persist and keep replying back to them.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

But the OP has said it was genuine. I understand pulling a fake but stopping me selling a used item because its a certain brand.

We'd all be annoyed if Holden or ford decided to do it too.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

It may well have been genuine.  It probably got reported by someone that doubted it.  If the receipt was shown in the listing as the sellers other items do then that should have been enough, but in this case the sellers receipts come from different states and possibly countries.  One is a foreign language from what I can see.

If you look at the feedback that is a hell of a lot of designer bags for a private collection.  

Also, if you have a replica (fake) you can't  sell it on ebay even without naming the supposed brand.  If the item is badged with a name. then it can't be sold here and shouldn't be sold anywhere in Australia although markets and stalls get away with it for a while.

Joono
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply