Items not auto-relisting

lltotes
Community Member

Hi, for the past couple of months I've found that at least half of my listings have not auto-relisted. The relist button is always checked when I create the listing and I have not used up my 40 free listings nor am I a power seller or exceeded my selling limit so I have no idea why this is happening. Of course when I have manually relisted the item again it gets taken off the free listings limiting what I bother to list monthly. My daughter does not have this problem and all of her items auto-relist without cutting into whats left of her 40 free listings.

I'm not a big seller and although I considered trying to become one I'm finding that I really can't compete with all the overseas junk that now clutters up the site. I think I will just have to go back to being an occasional buyer, but even that seems like a pain now days.

Any ideas why the auto relist is not happening would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Items not auto-relisting

Thanks for the advice. I rang ebay and they said it was because I listed my items as "Handmade" instead of "Unbranded" and that I needed to manually put Not Applicable in the MPN section because the item does not have a product code.

This does not make sense because -

1: I list all my Handcrafted items as โ€œHandmadeโ€ and donโ€™t put anything in the MPN section for any of them but only half seen to be affected by this annoying glitch.

2: Items such as Vinyl LP records, that arenโ€™t handmade are also affected.

3: I receive emails from ebay stating that the item is about to auto-relist, but doesnโ€™t

4: The items in my unsold list that did auto-relist have an eBay note stating- This item didn't automatically relist, but the ones that didnโ€™t auto-relist donโ€™t have any note.

5: I donโ€™t see why ebay has the โ€œHandmadeโ€ choice when creating a listing for sale if I canโ€™t use it. I would have thought that listing something as โ€œUnbrandedโ€ would imply that it was a โ€œKnock Offโ€.

Anyway apparently the ebay rep was forwarding the info onto their tech team but the only response I have had from them since then was an email stating- that they weren't able to authenticate me during the callโ€ฆโ€ฆGeez I only spent an hour on the phone to them and she was in my accountโ€ฆ Just another glitch I guess.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I had 4 items on one account do this 2 days ago. Said they would auto relist but didn't. I've had it happen before for no reason. If I go through and check items before they end I can revise and hit the box again, but I don't always remember to check. It's been an ongoing thing for awhile. It won't happen for months, then you'll get a few where the box decides to untick itself. I sell collectables.

As for passing your issue onto the tech team, standard line for "I don't know what your problem is and I'm sick of talking to you now, so go away". I don't think they have a tech team!

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

That's a load of rubbish that they've told you. I have an ID that has handmade on everything but only occasionally does AR drop off before it should.

Unbranded doesn't necessarily imply a knock-off. There are plenty of products in the world that are unbranded but aren't handmade. Just think about when you go to the supermarket - processed foods usually have a brand but most unprocessed foods don't. I know it's not quite the same thing but the same principle applies.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks *tippy*toes*. Sorry youโ€™re having the same problem but sort of glad it isnโ€™t just me. Next time I try selling on ebay Iโ€™ll keep in mind your advice and check to see if the box has unticked itself. Hope you get a reprieve from this annoying glitch.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Hi brerrabbit585, yeah I know it was a load of rubbish. I guess the lady was trying to help but she really couldnโ€™t understand that the glitch didnโ€™t apply to all my listed โ€œHandmadeโ€ items. I appreciate that unbranded can mean โ€œhome brandโ€ etc. Sorry if I caused any offence, I was simply applying the concept to the jewellery category I was selling in. The thing is, some of my items are handmade not just unbranded. I prefer my buyers to be aware of this fact because some people presume โ€œhandmadeโ€ equates to poorly made. Aside from the โ€œHandmadeโ€ issue, I think I mentioned that it also happened to Vinyl LP records that I was trying to sell.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Hi davewil1964, No Iโ€™m just small fry and using the 40 free listings per month so I guess I shouldnโ€™t complain. Thanks for the advice I will check it out the next time I try selling on ebay.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

It happens every so often. I recently had two games not automatically relist despite still having 3 relists available (e.g. I relisted the exact same items a month ago with a 30 day BIN + automatically relist 3 times - I *never* uncheck the auto relist box; if it isn't there I don't list an item at all).
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Hi heihachi_73, thanks for your response. I never uncheck the auto relist button either but so far it has always been there at the bottom of the page, I guess I can look forward to this new glitch in the future. Yeah smart move re not bothering to list if the auto relist button isnโ€™t there. I think ebay is focused on buying up all competition instead of maintaining their site. I noticed their advertising โ€œGumtreeโ€ on TV now.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

On the rare occasion the box isn't there I'll still list the item. I leave a note under it to revise. If I revise later or the next day the box usually appears, If not I'll revise via the app. It always appears there.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply