Items selling slowly on eBay

Previously my items such as joysticks was selling quickly, but now it is very slow. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

1688store
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Items selling slowly on eBay

My sales is also slow, last couple of weeks, something to do with xmass 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have been to the boards previously asking for help.

I think you have had as much help and good suggestions as the boardies can give.

You were told at the time that you just had to be patient as most sellers were finding it hard going.   Very little has changed except that it may be even slower now.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

My sales is also slow, last couple of weeks, something to do with xmass 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Unfortunately the items you are selling would not be on everybody's Christmas List.

The sellers who will be doing the best now are those selling gift lines etc.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Unfortunately the items you are selling would not be on everybody's Christmas List.

The sellers who will be doing the best now are those selling gift lines etc.

You might be surprised Lyndal. A (female) work colleague has a birthday next week and someone asked her what her husband was giving her. She replied with "9 inches". Being an older lady, everyone looked up with eyes wide open. She smiled and said, yes, I'm getting 9"......a 9" diff. They do up Holdens, so she gets car parts as gifts on most gift giving occasions! He does too. He got a windscreen, a rear axle and a back seat for his last birthday.

You are right though, those items wouldn't be on everyone's Christmas list. I've had a good couple of weeks. Most of it is 2 buyers having a spending spree. A few other single purchases here and there. I don't recall having sales surges in the lead up to Christmas, but that's OK. As long as others that sell gift type items DO have a surge!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You got a good point and it depends on the festival season, during Xmas people like to purchase gifts, decorations, greeting cards and etc. I noticed my sales volume have decreased from November 2015 due to Xmas pre-sales. Once the Xmas festival season ends and from 1st of January 2016 the sales volume should increase.

1688store
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

There are many reasons for sellers to be experiencing ongoing slow sales.  Major retailers and Chinese sellers receive high eBay visibility, discounts to shop with specific eBay corporate sellers, other online specials such as 40% off major lines ...... competition is fierce.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply